Nigerian Palace Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIVERPOOL UPDATES

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

LIVERPOOL UPDATES - Page 3 Empty LIVERPOOL UPDATES

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rodgers Considering Loan Deals

"There is nothing imminent just yet," said manager Brendan Rodgers of Liverpool's transfer dealings, "but hopefully things will progress over the next couple of days. It may take one or two moves to spark everything off. I want players in sooner rather than later, it is important to get the group together as quickly as possible, but if not we will just have to be patient.

"I have also looked at one or two loan deals from abroad," he admitted, despite it not being a route clubs aspiring to the top four in England often look to take. "There are some quality players in that market that I have inquired about. The make-up of the group will change before the season starts and that will change the dynamic of the team also."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

My Club Support : LIVERPOOL UPDATES - Page 3 P1210

NPF Points : 250

Back to top Go down

LIVERPOOL UPDATES - Page 3 Empty Re: LIVERPOOL UPDATES

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:24 pm

West Brom 3 Liverpool 0: Rodgers suffers baptism of fire as Gera fires Baggies

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190207/West-Brom-3-Liverpool-0-Rodgers-suffers-baptism-Gera-fires-Baggies.html#ixzz21j8lGjsM

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers endured a nightmare start to the Premier League season as West Brom made a flying start under former Reds No 2 Steve Clarke.

Liverpool made a promising start and dominated possession but fell behind to Zoltan Gera's thunderbolt just two minutes before half-time.

Daniel Agger was shown a red card for bringing down Shane Long in the box but Jose Reina saved Long's weak penalty in the 58th minute.

But West Brom were awarded a second penalty six minutes later and Peter Odemwingie made no mistake from the spot before on-loan Romelu Lukaku sealed victory in the 77th minute.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Gunners and Liverpool target demands to leave

Fulham manager Martin Jol has confirmed forward Clint Dempsey is desperate to leave the club and has refused to play in today’s Premier League opener against Norwich City.

Dempsey has one year remaining on his contract at Craven Cottage and has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool or Arsenal this summer, and Jol has admitted the American will be sold for the right price.

The 29-year-old scored 23 goals in 46 appearances for the Cottagers last season, but it now appears Fulham will have to do without him as the Premier League season kicks off.

Impossible

Jol told Fulham’s official website: “Clint is not involved [against Norwich]. He has told us he wants to leave and he is not ready to play for this club anymore.

“He doesn’t want to commit to this club and, while I would like to keep him, it’s impossible because he wants to move.

“He told me that he wants to go to a Champions League club – he said it last year, he said it in the summer, and he said it again.

“We’ll have to wait and see what happens but it’s a sad situation for us and it’s almost embarrassing.

“We’ve got a chairman who is strong and if we get the right price for Clint then we will sell him. If we don’t, then he will stay here. We won’t let Clint Dempsey go on the cheap, that’s for sure.”

Fulham have already lost key players Danny Murphy and Pavel Pogrebnyak this summer, while there has also been speculation about the future of Moussa Dembele.

Convinced

However, Jol is convinced the Belgian international is committed to the club and will not seek a move, despite reported interest from the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester United.

Jol continued: “There have been no offers for Moussa Dembele. I don’t want to sell Clint, as I love Clint as a player, but it is a different situation for Moussa. Moussa is happy here and he wants to play here.

“Bryan Ruiz and Moussa Dembele can play big roles this season and can be more productive – they’ll be looking to get a few goals on the board.”

Meanwhile, Jol has confirmed he plans to bring in more players before the transfer window shuts at the end of the month.

He has already brought in Hugo Rodallega, Mladen Petric and Sascha Riether this summer, but the club has the funds – regardless of any sales – to improve the squad further.

Jol confirmed: “If we sell [Clint] then we will have money to invest but even if Clint doesn’t leave then we will still have money to invest because we are a healthy club.

“But they need to be the right players. We would like to get one or two more players in because we’ve got the funds but they’ve got to be better than the players we’ve got.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Why Caulker, Not Dawson …Would Fit Into Rodgers Revolution

Having completed his third signing of Oussama Assaidi from Heerenveen today, Brendan Rodgers is not finished in the transfer market just yet. According to the Daily Mail, Tottenham are bracing themselves for negotiations with Liverpool over centre backs Michael Dawson or Steven Caulker, should Daniel Agger leave the club.

The Dagger, as the Liverpool fans know him, has expressed his desire to remain on Merseyside amid interest from Manchester City. However with reports linking the centre-back with a move to Spain, Agger stated that he might well be interested in a move to the continent should an offer come in.

That has left Rodgers with the task of preparing for the centre-backs exit. The Northern Irishman has identified Caulker and Dawson as potential transfer targets should he lose the 27-year-old Daniel Agger. Both Caulker and Dawson are not being considered as the starting defenders for Spurs this summer, with AVB preferring a partnership of Younes Kaboul alongside new signing Jan Vertonghen.

That being said, only one of the Tottenham duo would likely arrive on Merseyside, so which one should it be? For me, Steven Caulker is the obvious choice.

Coming off the back of a summer representing Team GB at the Olympics, 20-year-old Caulker has a huge upside. A product of the Spurs youth set up, Caulker enjoyed a great season last year on loan at Swansea where he excelled under Brendan Rodgers enough to guarantee him a place in the GB side. At such a young age, the centre-back also has plenty of upside which Rodgers would be keen to exploit whilst his physicality and strength would also help fill the void left by Daniel Agger.

The other option Michael Dawson does not look as rosy. Dawson struggled last year with a series of injuries and has since failed to establish himself in the Spurs side. At 28, Dawson has plenty of international and domestic experience that he would bring to the Liverpool side yet with his previous injury issues and questions over his ability in general as he enters the latter stages of his career, Dawson wouldn’t be the most sensible of signings.

In contrast Caulker would be just right to replace Agger should he leave, although ideally the Denmark captain will remain on Merseyside. Yet if Liverpool do pursue Caulker it could prove difficult – the England U21 player has been compared as the next Ledley King and Liverpool may struggle to prise him from his boyhood club.

In short, if Agger leaves then Caulker would be the best fit for the Reds. Yet whether Liverpool’s dreams could become reality is a different question.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Liverpool skipper Gerrard: Blame me for West Brom defeat

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard is ready to accept blame for his role in defeat at West Bromwich Albion.

Gerrard admits the 3-0 defeat left Reds players "shocked".

Gerrard was keen to criticise his own performance at the weekend, insisting: "I made a mistake which led to (Agger's) sending off. I gave the ball away in the first place and that led to Daniel being put in trouble. I take full responsibility for that.

"We were already 1-0 down and losing him made getting back into the game very difficult. Being down to 10 men was the reason why they went on to get a couple more goals.

"We were unlucky with the second penalty as well. It was hard for the team to take. It was one of those days for us - a day to forget. But if there is any finger pointing to be done then I want to make sure that some fingers come my way."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Wigan boss Martinez: I turned down Liverpool

Wigan Athletic boss Roberto Martinez says he turned down the Liverpool job before they hired Brendan Rodgers.

Martinez has told the Daily Mirror that a concrete offer was made by the Anfield club.

"We must educate people," said Martinez. "In five or six years, we [Wigan] reap the benefits. Maybe I won’t be there then.

"But this is not why I stayed, when Liverpool made me an offer."
He added: "I stayed because my chairman is unique.

"This summer, we sat down together. He had thought about the future of the club, I’d done the same. He knew that I had spoken with other clubs. But he is so persuasive... I extended my contract for three years.

"He wants to take the club to the next level. I know it will be difficult, but it excites me a lot."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Liverpool warn Carroll to find new club or spend the season on the bench
The striker has been linked with an exit ever since new manager Brendan Rodgers arrived and it seems the 23-year-old will not be offered the opportunity to prove himself

Liverpool have told Andy Carroll that he must leave the club or remain on the substitutes' bench until the January transfer window, according to The Daily Mirror.

The Reds are reportedly adamant that they will not be backed into a corner on deadline day and made to sell at a knock-down price and instead want the England striker's future resolved by the end of this week.

Liverpool are rumoured to rate the forward at around £20 million but Newcastle are optimistic that Carroll's determination to seal a move back to his hometown team will give them the upper hand in negotiations.
Rodgers would ideally like to sign one more forward ahead of next Friday's transfer deadline but if Carroll were to depart, there are suggestions that he would be looking at adding an additional frontman to his ranks.

The former Swansea boss would may keep Carroll as a back-up than lose over £20m on the striker the Reds signed in January 2011 but would cash in if he could afford an adequate replacement.

The likes of West Ham, Aston Villa and Fulham have all sounded out Liverpool about the possibility of signing Carroll, but he is believed to have rejected all of their advances in the hope of securing a move back to the Sports Direct Arena.

The Hammers' offer was to pay all of Carroll's £90,000-a-week wages with a guaranteed £18m move at the end of the season but Newcastle have only been prepared to pay a cut of his wages plus an £11m fee.

It has also been rumoured that Tottenham could join the chase for Carroll once the transfer of Luka Modric to Real Madrid has been finalised.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:43 pm

I owe Rodgers everything, insists Allen as £15m Anfield new boy lauds boss

£15million Anfield new boy Joe Allen insists he is 'desperate to pay back' Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers for shaping him into the player he is.

The Wales and Team GB international followed Rodgers to Merseyside this summer in from Barclays Premier League rivals Swansea.

Although his debut ended in an opening day defeat at West Brom, his home bow against Manchester City last weekend provided plenty of positives.

Now the 22-year-old midfielder is determined build on his performance in that 2-2 draw against the champions and help Rodgers side push for their desired top-four finish.

'When someone gives you responsibility and shows faith in you, like he [Rodgers] did with me, it makes you desperate to pay it back,' Allen said, speaking to the club's official website.

'He certainly has been a key figure in my career so far. He’s a brilliant coach and person, someone who you are desperate to please.

'Although I’d been in and around the squad in previous years at Swansea, Brendan helped me progress my game.
'And a lot of the other lads in my age bracket felt the same way.'

Allen believes his new team-mate are already enjoying playing under Rodgers, who he has backed to guide Liverpool to the next level, as he did as Swansea manager which saw the entertaining South Wales side branded 'Swanselona'.

'I’ve spoken to the lads and the feeling I get is that they are looking forward to working underneath him,' Allen added.

'I think a lot of players will enjoy his training methods and his approach towards everything.

'From the moment he walked through the doors at Swansea, there was a feeling that he was going to take the club onto the next level. And he did.'

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Is this training ground barracking from Rodgers behind Sterling's stunning start to season at Liverpool?

He first caught the eye with a man-of-the-match performance in Liverpool’s Europa League tie with Hearts last week and then took it a level further by terrorising the Manchester City defence on Sunday.

But could a pre-season dressing down from boss Brendan Rodgers be behind Raheem Sterling’s outstanding start to the season?

A sneak preview of a behind-the-scenes documentary about Liverpool filmed by American broadcaster Fox shows the 17-year-old on the receiving end of a barracking from the new Liverpool manager on the club’s pre-season tour to America.
Rodgers singles Sterling out during a training debrief after the winger interrupts his team talk and tells him he’ll be on the ‘next plane home’ if he doesn’t listen.

The manager says: 'Your attitude you need to improve and your work. You need to improve your attitude.'

Sterling clearly disagrees and says 'steady' to which Rodgers replies: 'You say 'steady' to me again when I say something to you and you'll be on the first plane back.'

Sterling's protestations of innocence aren't picked up by the microphone, but Rodgers continues: 'You know what you said, I know what you said. You'll be on the first plane back.'

Pointing to some of the senior first teamers, he says: 'You should be like sponges here, learning off these guys here. You're very very fortunate to be here.'

Rodgers then singles out the Academy striker Adam Morgan for praise, adding: 'Make sure when you're here you show the attitude of this kid here who works his socks off, who listens, who learns, and will get his rewards.'

And as the players walk back to the changing rooms following the session in Boston a month ago, Rodgers makes a bee-line to Sterling to get an apology.

The fly-on-the-wall footage offers an insight into the strict Rodgers regime as he tries to bring a new brand of attractive, attacking football to Anfield.

And the manager was quick to recognise how far Sterling has progressed after the 2-2 draw with City on Sunday, in which the youngster gave Kolo Toure a nightmare afternoon.
In an indication of how things have turned full circle, Rodgers said: ‘I have seen a lot of development in him in a short time. He takes on a lot of the concepts and he is very good with instructions.

‘Normally wingers want to do their own thing but he is tactically improving every day. I said when I first came in, I wouldn’t judge people on their status, on what they are or what they have done, but on what I see in front of me.

‘He is a young player who has just improved every single day since I came in here. For a 17-year-old playing against the champions, I thought his performance was fantastic.’

Liverpool are still searching for their first win of the Premier League season after losing 3-0 at West Bromwich on the opening day, but the breakthrough performances of Sterling present Rodgers with a very pleasant selection dilemma.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Spearing set for Bolton move as Liverpool agree £3m deal:

Jay Spearing is set to join Bolton after Liverpool accepted a £3million fee for the midfielder.

Bolton boss Owen Coyle has been tracking Spearing for most of the summer and the 23-year-old will sign a permanent deal with the Championship club after initially being touted for a loan move.
Spearing came through the ranks at Anfield but slipped down the pecking order following the arrival of Joe Allen and the signing of Nuri Sahin also hastened his departure.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is also willing to let Charlie Adam leave for around £5m but the Scotland midfielder insists he wants to stay and fight for his place.

Liverpool's neighbours Everton are interested in Adam but they will face a fight from Stoke and Fulham.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Liverpool ready to off load at least two players in order to finance Chelsea swoop:

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is all set to line up a last ditch swoop for Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge, a player who seems to have an asking price of £15m. Rodgers is ready to go all out in his quest to land Sturridge, and is willing to part with Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing to raise money for the purchase.

Sturridge is seemingly right on top of Rodgers’ wishlist in his bid to start the re-building process at Anfield. Andy Carroll is another player who could leave Anfield to make way for Sturridge, with the likes of Newcastle and West Ham United still interested in a loan deal progressing into a permanent transfer.

Rodgers is apparently a big admirer of Sturridge and is well aware that the striker is growing frustrated at Chelsea, after having failed to seal a regular starting berth in the side. With Fernando Torres getting back in form, Roberto Di Matteo largely prefers Sturridge in the role of an impact sub, something that can make the player start looking out.

Chelsea though, might be reluctant to let go of the striker who after first-choice Torres, is their only option. With Romelu Lukaku out on loan to West Brom, Chelsea would find it tough to let Sturridge go unless they bring someone else in first.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Liverpool striker target being hunted by CSKA Moscow:

Long-term Liverpool target Ricky van Wolfswinkel is the subject of interest from CSKA Moscow.

The Dutch striker enjoyed an impressive season for Sporting Lisbon last term, scoring 20 goals in 28 appearances in all competitions following his move from Utrecht.

His form alerted Manchester United and Liverpool, who sent scouts to track his progress throughout the season and, while United's interest has since cooled, Liverpool are said to remain keen on the 23-year-old.

But CSKA Moscow have also made their interest known to Sporting and are weighing up a bid believed to be in the region of £20m.

Sporting are desperate to keep hold of Van Wolfswinkel but may find it difficult to resist selling him if the price is right.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Liverpool midfielder time at Anfield looks like it could becoming to an end:

Joe Cole could be set for a return to boyhood club West Ham as the Premier League new boys plan a surprise bid for the Liverpool outcast, claimed TalkSPORT. Although new manager Brendan Rodgers had insisted that he wishes to give the Englishman another chance at Anfield, Cole pulled his hamstring in just his first competitive appearance for the Reds this season.

The 30 year-old started his career with West Ham, whose academy he joined in 1994. The midfielder left the Hammers in 2003 after five years with their first team. After a glorious seven year period with Chelsea, where he captured three Premier League and three FA Cup titles, he moved north to join Liverpool in 2010. However, after a slow start at Anfield, the midfielder was forced to move to Lille on loan last season.

The loan spell at Lille was rather successful as the midfield star went on to make 42 appearances for the Ligue 1 side. However, he is still not an integral part of Rodgers’ plans for this season and has been intimated that he is free to seek a transfer this summer.

West Ham have shown an inclination towards re-signing the midfielder as they look to establish their place in the top flight. However, it is unclear whether the player is also keen on the move and as the transfer window draws closer, it will become clearer whether he chooses to part ways with Liverpool this summer or not.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Miss Out On Dempsey:

Liverpool look set to miss out on the signing of Clint Dempsey with the Fulham striker on the verge of joining Sunderland, according to the Daily Mail.

Dempsey enjoyed a superb season in west London last term, scoring an impressive 23 goals in 46 games.

Liverpool have been tracking the American for several months and held formal talks earlier in the summer but were unable to agree a deal with Fulham.

The speculation appeared to have turned the players head after he told boss Martin Jol he wanted to leave the club, and the 29-year-old was was subsequently dropped for Fulham’s first two league games of the season.

A move to Anfield looked increasingly unlikely after Fulham reported Liverpool to the FA, claiming they had ‘tapped up’ Dempsey this summer. At the time, Jol said: ‘His head was turned. That is the problem. There are always players who want to move, but they keep quiet. This was different. It would have been better if Liverpool followed up with a formal bid, but they didn’t, so until now there is no bid.’

Now it seems that Sunderland have taken advantage of the situation and the Daily Mail claim Martin O’Neill has offered the American attacker a way of Craven Cottage.

The Black Cats are believed to have met the players £8m asking price and Dempsey is so desperate to leave Fulham that he’s ready to move north, despite his desire to play champions league football.
last ditch attempt by Liverpool to sign the player isn’t out of the question but with relations between the two clubs strained, it’s highly unlikely to say the least. With time running out before the window slams shut, a move to Sunderland appears to be Dempsey’s only option other than to beg Martin Jol for forgiveness.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Liverpool FC’s Jose Enrique excited by Raheem Sterling potential:

DEFENDER Jose Enrique has been excited by the form of Raheem Sterling but has cautioned fans not to expect too much too soon from the youngster.

Sterling’s impressive display against Manchester City came after the teenager was given 90 minutes in last Thursday’s Europa League qualifier against Hearts.

And the Spaniard said: “I think he did well the last two games for us and he worked really hard in pre-season.

“I don’t have to tell you, everyone knows the qualities he has. He is amazing, one v one he is amazing.
“He has everything but we have to be quiet with him.

“He is still young, 17 years old. There are too many things to do yet but if he continues like this and listens to us, and of course to more from the manager, he can learn a lot, he has the qualities.”

Enrique felt the overall performance of the team offered great encouragement for the rest of the season.

He said: “I think we did well. I think we deserved to win but we had two mistakes – that can happen in football.

“But then we got a point against Manchester City and that is not a bad point, of course.

“They were the best last year, that is why they won the league.

“I think we did better than them and I think this is the way we have to play this year.”

Rodgers is trying to instil a new, quick pass-and-move style after earning many plaudits for deploying a similar system with Swansea last season.

Enrique likes the style but accepts it will take time for the team to become comfortable with it, especially as they are trying to emulate some of the best exponents of it in the world.

He said: “We are trying but there is still time – because there is a new manager we need time – but if we can play like this I think we will get many points.

“The best team in the world is the best example – Barcelona. You can see against Real Madrid a few days ago, how when they have the ball it is amazing and when they lose it, within three or four seconds they have it back. This the way we try to play.

“We can’t compare with Barcelona – they are different, but we are trying to play like this. We are starting to learn but we are learning well.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 pm

Liverpool Sign Bayer Leverkusen forward Samed Yesil:

Liverpool have signed the 18-year-old Bayer Leverkusen forward Samed Yesil for a fee in the region of £1million.

Yesil has played for Germany at U16, U17 and U18 and he scored six goals for Germany at the FIFA Under-17 World Cup and was one of the stars of the tournament. He has 19 goals in 21 games at that level.

He sounds a bargain at only £1million.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Liverpool man on way out

Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam is close to exiting the club after he was told by Brendan Rodgers he was not to feature in the new manager's future plans.

The Scot has only been at Anfield a year after joining from Blackpool last summer, but his days have seemingly been numbered since Rodgers took over in the summer.

Now, after being told he is free to leave, Fulham and Stoke are primed to sign the 26 year old who Liverpool value at around £5 million.

Everton had also been linked in taking Adam across Stanley Park, but there interest in the midfielder has cooled.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:20 pm

Liverpool hoping to benefit from Chelsea after they sign a new star

Chelsea are finally ready to seal the deal to bring the highly rated German winger cum forward, Andre Schurrle to Stamford Bridge, with England international Daniel Sturridge poised to make a loan move out, possibly to Liverpool.

The Blues have been chasing the 21-year-old all through the summer, but Bundesliga outfit Bayer Leverkusen have turned down all their offers with immediate effect.

Bayer Chief Rudi Voeller recently claimed that the player won’t be leaving the club this summer, as it would weaken their squad considerably. Further, the club won’t be able to add a proper replacement in such a short time.

However, according to The Sun, Chelsea have made an improved offer in the region of £18m which the club think is enough to price him away from German soil before the transfer window closes.

If the deal happens, it would take Chelsea’s summer spending spree to £100m following the recent acquisitions of Eden Hazard, Oscar, Marko Marin, Victor Moses and Cesar Azpilicueta.

The youngster has scored 29 goals in 108 appearances for Bayern Leverkusen and his former club Mainz in his career across all competition. He has even bagged seven league goals in 16 appearances for his national team.

Di Matteo, the Champions League winning Chelsea manager views him as a potential back up to central striker Fernando Torres. His arrival at the club would mean the probable departure of youngster Daniel Sturridge, who has been linked with a move away from The Bridge throughout the summer.

Liverpool last night have shipped striker Andy Carroll out on a season long loan to West Ham United, and it is expected the Reds will go hell for leather for Sturridge before the window shuts today.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Tough Europa League Draw For Liverpool

by David on August 31, 2012

Liverpool have been drawn against Guus Hiddink’s mega-rich Anzhi Makhachkala in the Europa League group stage.

The Russians, who have former Inter Milan and Barcelona star Samuel Eto’o in their ranks, are the fourth seeds in a tough Group A which also includes Serie A side Udinese and Young Boys from Switzerland.

Anzhi are not allowed to play any Uefa home games in Dagestan, so the away leg could take in Moscow, or somewhere else in Europe.

Udinese have sold several of their best players this summer, but will still be difficult opponents, while Young Boys are always one of the top sides in Switzerland.

So a tough draw for Liverpool, but on the other hand, the quality of the opposition means some good games at Anfield, where with a packed house, Liverpool should be able to pick up enough points to progress to the knockout stages.

Other Premier League sides in the competition are Newcastle and Spurs. Newcastle’s return to European football sees them lock horns with French side Bordeaux, Club Brugge of Belgium and Portugal’s Maritimo in Group D. While Tottenham will face Greek side Panthinaikos as well as Italian giants Lazio and Maribor from Slovenia in Group J.

Full Europa League draw:
Group A — LIVERPOOL, Udinese, Young Boys, Anzhi
Group B — Atletico Madrid, Hapoel Tel Aviv, Plzen, Academica
Group C — Marseille, Fenerbahce, Borrusia M’Gladbach, AEL Limassol
Group D — Bordeaux, Club Brugge, NEWCASTLE, Maritimo
Group E — Stuttgart, FC Copenhagen, Steuau Bucuresti, Molde
Group F — PSV Eindhoven, Napoli, Dnipro, AIK Solna
Group G — Sporting, FC Basel, Genk, Vidoeton
Group H — Inter Milan, Rubin Kazan, FK Partizan, Neftci
Group I — Lyon, Athletic Club, Sparta Prague, Hapoel Kiryat Shmona
Group J — TOTTENHAM, Panathinaikos, Lazio, Maribor
Group K — Bayer Leverkusen, FC Metalist Kharkiv, Rosenborg, Rapid Vienna
Group L — FC Twente, Hannover, Levante, Helsingborgs

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Liverpool Sell Charlie Adam To Stoke For £4million

by David on August 31, 2012

Brendan Rodgers continues to clear out the signings of Kenny Dalglish, today selling Charlier Adam to Stoke City for£4million deal, taking a £2.75 million hit on a player that Liverpool fans never took too.

Liverpool’s official website confirms the move:

Liverpool Football Club can confirm that Charlie Adam has today completed a transfer to Stoke City.

Everyone at Liverpool Football Club would like to wish Charlie all the best in his future career.

Adam says he is looking for more first team action and Rodgers couldn’t promise that at Liverpool this season.

“The opportunity to play was getting less and I felt that at my age, I wanted to play every week and hopefully I’ll get a chance to here,” Adam told Stoke’s official website.

“It’s a great Club that is going in the right direction – the foundations are here. They’ve been progressing ever since they’ve been in the Premier League and it’s great to be part of it and hopefully we can have a successful time together.”

Adam I thought never lived up to expectations at Liverpool. He was really good at Blackpool, where he was by far the best player in their side. But he couldn’t make that step up in quality at Liverpool, as he also seemed half a step behind the play.

With Spearing gone on loan, Lucas injured, and Adam sold, I really hope that Brendan Rodgers is planning on bringing in another body in midfield as Liverpool look a little light in depth to me.

The starting three will probably be Gerard, Sahin and Allen, who are all terrific players. Assaidi and Pacheco I would probably classify are more left sides wingers/attackers than midfield players. That leaves Henderson, Shelvey and possibly Joe Cole if fit. Would like to see one more name in that list, at least for some depth.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3