Nigerian Palace Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIVERPOOL UPDATES

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LIVERPOOL UPDATES Empty LIVERPOOL UPDATES

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Rodgers Considering Loan Deals

"There is nothing imminent just yet," said manager Brendan Rodgers of Liverpool's transfer dealings, "but hopefully things will progress over the next couple of days. It may take one or two moves to spark everything off. I want players in sooner rather than later, it is important to get the group together as quickly as possible, but if not we will just have to be patient.

"I have also looked at one or two loan deals from abroad," he admitted, despite it not being a route clubs aspiring to the top four in England often look to take. "There are some quality players in that market that I have inquired about. The make-up of the group will change before the season starts and that will change the dynamic of the team also."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

My Club Support : LIVERPOOL UPDATES P1210

NPF Points : 250

Back to top Go down

LIVERPOOL UPDATES Empty Re: LIVERPOOL UPDATES

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Liverpoolmanager Brendan Rodgers has told the controversial Luis Suarez to “move on” from last season’s incidents.

The Uruguayan striker was banned for eight matches after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra and, whilst playing for the South Americans in the Olympics, he received boos from crowds at Wembley and the Millennium Stadium.

After the game with Team GB, Suarez fired criticism at fans in Cardiff for booing during Uruguayan national anthem, accusing them of showing a “total lack of respect”.

Perhaps the pinnacle of all the controversies last time around was when the 25-year-old seemingly refused a pre-match handshake with Evra at Old Trafford in February. Just last month he appeared on Uruguayan TV to claim it was the United defender who refused to shake and that he did nothing wrong.

Stick

Rodgers told Sky Sports: “The first point is that opposition fans only give people stick because they’re good players – you don’t see bad ones getting it.

“Luis probably still feels a little bit of injustice about last season, but for me the message is that we have to move on.

“We have to move forward. What’s happened has happened and let’s let it go now, however hard it is. We want to be winning games and doing our best for the football club.”

Fighting fit

Rodgers, who is excited about working with Suarez, added: “It will be fantastic to have Luis coming back, and he is already fighting fit.

“He will have a couple of days off and join up with us after the weekend.

“He’s been playing games, so he will already be up to a decent level of fitness, maybe even higher really, because he’s had more competitive games. I’m really looking forward to working with him.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Carra: I don’t care about milestones, just getting wins

JAMIE CARRAGHER insists launching Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool reign on a triumphant note was more critical than reaching his own special milestone.

The Reds opened their Europa League campaign with Thursday night’s 1-0 victory over Belarus’ FC Gomel in the first leg of their third qualifying round clash.

A late goal from Stewart Downing ensured Rodgers’ first competitive match as manager proved successful, while Carragher notched up his 700th appearance for the club.

“Every game for Liverpool is massive – it doesn’t matter where it is – and I’m proud to have played that many games,” he said.

“It was a nice night for me on that score, but it was more important because it was the manager’s first game.

“That’s more important than me playing 700 games.

“It’s a big thing for a manager in his first game, especially playing in Europe.

“It’s a big thing for Liverpool, great tradition and it’s great we got the victory for the manager more than anything.”

FC Gomel sit third in Belarus’ national league after 15 games and Carragher admits their superior fitness levels made life difficult for Liverpool, who are still in pre-season.

“We’re pleased with the victory. It was a tough game, as European away games always are,” he said.

“They’re in the middle of a season and I think you could see that in the fitness levels – they were much better at times than us.

“With fitness levels, it doesn’t matter who you’re playing against, whatever level it is, if they’re halfway through their season it’s going to be tough.

“Some of our lads were playing their first game.

“It was the first time I’ve played 90 minutes and it was the same for a few of us.

“It was a very tough game and you’d probably say they had the better of the game, to be fair.

“But that’s what playing in Europe is about, getting the win and a vital away goal puts us in a strong position.

“We’re delighted to come away from here with the victory.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:33 pm

ODGERS TARGETS NEW SIGNINGS
New Liverpool Manager Brendan Rodgers has made clear his intentions to sign three or four new signings to his Liverpool squad following the final depature of Italian mis-fit Alberto Aquilaini to Fiorentino
The Liverpool manager said: "There is nothing imminent just yet, not that I am aware of, but hopefully things will progress over the next couple of days.
It may take one or two moves to spark everything off.
I want players in sooner rather than later, it is important to get the group together as quickly as possible, but if not we will just have to be patient. I'd be happy as long as we have some in before the end of August.

"I have also looked at one or two loan deals from abroad. There are some quality players in that market that I have inquired about. The make-up of the group will change before the season starts and that will change the dynamic of the team also."

Rodgers denied the exclusion of Andy Carroll and Daniel Agger from Liverpool's trip to Belarus was connected to doubts over their futures at Anfield. The Dane's agent, Per Steffensen, has denied claims Agger has been approached by Liverpool over a new contract.

The Liverpool manager added: "Daniel was always going to stay behind. We have a behind-closed-doors game for him this weekend to help his match fitness. It is straightforward with Andy too. I didn't want senior players coming over if they weren't going to get games. He is another who stayed at home to work on his condition."
Hopefully the signings of Joe Allen, Gaston Rameriz and Clint Dempsey will augment the Liverpool side which badly needs fresh faces.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Liverpool finally say goodbye to one of their biggest flops

Alberto Aquilani has finally bid farewell to his disastrous tenure at Liverpool, with the Italian midfielder moving to Serie A outfit Fiorentina.

Signed by the Reds in 2009 for a whopping £17 million as a replacement for Xabi Alonso, Aquilani did little to justify his price tag, and due to issues of form and fitness, struggled to make any sort of impact at Anfield.

Unexpectedly, he was sent out on loan to Juventus and AC Milan in the last two years, who in turn decided to turn down an offer to make the midfielder’s move back to his homeland permanent.

New Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers promised the player one last chance to stake a claim in the Reds’ squad, but after sub-standard showings in a couple of pre-season friendlies, decided that the Merseyside club were better off without the player on their wage bill.

A number of Serie A sides were said to be keeping tabs of the player who was once called one of the biggest prospects from Italy, but it was finally Fiorentina who lay claim to the player, with both sides announcing on Friday that a deal had gone through to take Aquilani to the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

“We have bought Aquilani,” Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle told reporters at the side’s pre-season training camp in Moena, with the club later confirming the move on their official website, saying: “Fiorentina announces the acquisition of Borja Valero Iglesias and Gonzalo Javier Rodriguez from Villareal Club and Alberto Aquilani from Liverpool Football Club.”

The fee paid by Fiorentina for Aquilani, while still unconfirmed, is said to be around £5.45 million.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Liverpool preparing to make a move for highly rated South American

Brendan Rodgers has tried hard to add some attacking flair to his squad since taking over at Liverpool and TalkSport feel that he could finally be about to achieve that as a move for Bologna’s Gaston Ramirez approaches along the horizon. The Reds have reportedly made their move official, submitting a £12.6m bid for the Uruguayan. The 21 year old’s agent is also rumoured to be in England holding talks with the Anfield hierarchy over a possible transfer.

Ramirez was a steady performer for Bologna last season as he netted eight goals while also chipping in with five assists. A very versatile attacker, Ramirez can fit in on the wings or down the middle in a withdrawn role. Bologna are understandably keen to make the most of the situation by cashing in on their young star, reportedly holding out for £16m.

Liverpool already have Stewart Downing occupying one wing position but they most definitely need a few more quality players around another Uruguayan, Luis Suarez to make a push for a Top Four place next season. They have also been linked with the likes of Clint Dempsey but none of the deals have materialized, leaving Fabio Borini as the only major arrival at Anfield in the summer.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Carroll wants Liverpool stay:

Andrew Carroll has made it clear he wants to stay at Liverpool and fight for his place, and will reject any move to West Ham United or a return to Newcastle United.

Carroll is not even tempted by the massive eight-year contract on offer from West Ham that in total would be worth an astonishing £36 million. The Hammers were willing to break their own wage structure to sign Carroll, having agreed terms with Liverpool.

However, a well-placed ESPN source said on Monday: "Andy is staying at Liverpool for sure."

West Ham's £19 million bid for Carroll was accepted by Liverpool, but the England centre forward has rejected the move to Upton Park, and the Hammers will now turning their attention elsewhere.

Sam Allardyce is now set to turn his attentions elsewhere, although he is deeply disappointed to have missed out on the striker.

"I would probably have stuck my neck out and said we would almost certainly stay up with him on board," Allardyce told The People. "We wouldn't have thought we would have had any chance of signing a player of Andy Carroll's capabilities but it became clear a couple of weeks ago there was a possibility of a loan. Unfortunately at this moment, it's not the case."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Liverpool willing to send Bellamy to Cardiff ahead of QPR:

Cardiff City are set to land Liverpool attacker Craig Bellamy.

Sky Sports says it is understood Liverpool are reluctantly willing to let the Wales international leave Anfield for personal reasons.

And QPR are facing a losing battle to land Bellamy as Liverpool are reluctant to let the forward leave to a Premier League rival and would prefer to see him move to Cardiff.

Liverpool are thought to be willing to let Bellamy return to Cardiff for free with the player keen to be closer to his family home.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Liverpool willing to send Bellamy to Cardiff ahead of QPR:

Cardiff City are set to land Liverpool attacker Craig Bellamy.

Sky Sports says it is understood Liverpool are reluctantly willing to let the Wales international leave Anfield for personal reasons.

And QPR are facing a losing battle to land Bellamy as Liverpool are reluctant to let the forward leave to a Premier League rival and would prefer to see him move to Cardiff.

Liverpool are thought to be willing to let Bellamy return to Cardiff for free with the player keen to be closer to his family home.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Liverpool launch Ramirez bid:

Sources suggest that Liverpool are set to make good on this summer’s transfer speculation after it emerged that the club had lodged an official bid for Gaston Ramirez.

The Merseysiders have been associated with the Uruguayan attacker for the last couple of months and appear intent on luring him away from Bologna as swiftly as possible.

Ramirez starred for Uruguay at London 2012 in July and although his nation was eliminated from the competition at the Group Stage, the youngster held an extremely good account of himself, finishing as their top scorer even with the likes of Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez in the squad.

The 21-year-old’s antics appear to have alerted Liverpool as to his presence once again, with Ramirez doing enough to tempt the Reds into making an offer.

The Evening Standard reports that Bologna received an offer worth around £12.5m and while it may fall short of the club’s evaluation of their starlet, it isn’t thought to be by far.

The article also claims that Ramirez’s representatives were in London last week to enter talks with an unnamed Premier League club which could very well be Liverpool.

The Reds have been fervently linked with Swansea’s Joe Allen since Brendan Rodgers took over at Anfield but if these rumours are indeed true, Ramirez appears closer to being the Northern Irishman’s second summer signing after Fabio Borini.

Liverpool recently freed up some squad space and funds after agreeing a deal to sell Alberto Aquilani to Fiorentina after a disappointing two-and-a-half years in England

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Roma outbid Liverpool for Fulham striker Dempsey:

AS Roma are finalising a deal for Fulham striker Clint Dempsey, it has been revealed.

Gazzetta dello Sport says Roma tabled a bid for the USA international on Sunday - which fell close to Fulham's valuation.

Liverpool are also chasing Dempsey, but have been unable to strike terms with the Cottagers.

Roma, also under American ownership, are now favourites for Dempsey's signature.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Suarez back in training:

Luis Suarez is back at Melwood after returning from Uruguay's Olympic Games matches.
He may even play some part in Thursday's Europa League second leg qualifier against FC Gomel at Anfield.

"It will be fantastic to have Luis coming back, and he is already fighting fit. He will have a couple of days off and join up with us after the weekend." said manager Brendan Rodgers.

“He's been playing games, so he will already be up to a decent level of fitness, maybe even higher really, because he's had more competitive games. I'm really looking forward to working with him.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Liverpool Starlet to Make Senior International Debut

In the coming days there will likely be more reason for annoyance than celebration amongst Liverpool fans as various international sides reveal their squads ahead of the slate of international friendlies set to take place on August 15th, a ridiculous three days before the kickoff of the new Premier League season. For now, though, there's at least one bit of good news in 17-year-old right back Ryan McLaughlin being called up to the senior Northern Ireland side.

If he makes an appearance, it will be the promising youngster's first senior cap for his country. Northern Ireland take on Finland from Windsor Park Stadium next Wednesday at 7:45PM BST. Amongst other Liverpool players likely to be involved in matches that day, Charlie Adam has already been called up for Scotland as they prepare to host Australia.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Liverpool Abandon Friendly After Injury:

Liverpool were forced to abandon a pre-season friendly with Rochdale on Sunday after a serious injury to Reece Gray brought an end to proceedings. The Reds were 2-1 up at the time, thanks to goals from Glen Johnson and Nathan Eccleston.

Liverpool turned out a strong team behind closed doors at Melwood, comprising of Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Agger, Robinson, Adam, Lucas, Shelvey, Ecclestone, Carroll, Pacheco in a 4-3-3 formation.

It was a good opportunity for some players to gain some much needed match fitness, while others were aiming to impress the manager to secure their immediate futures at the club.

The game was called off after 55 minutes, but Brendan Rodgers wont have to wait too long for his next fixtures, with FC Gomel coming to Anfield on Thursday for the second leg of their Europa League qualifying round.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers relishing Fabio Borini and Luis Suarez partnership:

BRENDAN RODGERS is relishing the opportunity to pair Fabio Borini and Luis Suarez as part of Liverpool’s new-look forward line.

Suarez returns to Melwood this week following Uruguay’s elimination from the Olympic Games and could line up alongside summer signing Borini on Thursday night against FC Gomel.

Italian striker Borini, a £10.4m acquisition from Roma, made his full Reds debut last week in the 1-0 win over the Belarusians in the first leg of their Europa League third qualifying round tie.

Stewart Downing struck the only goal of the game at the Central Stadium as Liverpool survived a scare to bring a lead back to Anfield this week.
Borini played as Liverpool’s central striker in Belarus but Rodgers hinted he sees the 21-year-old’s long-term role as being on the left of a three pronged attack.

Borini worked tenaciously with little reward against Gomel but his manager says it was important that the former Chelsea player got in a full 90-minute workout as the team step up their preparations for the first game of the season at West Bromwich Albion a week on Saturday.

“It was important for him to play the full 90 minutes,” said Rodgers.

“We have to remember he is just coming back from the European Championships and, once we get Luis back, he will give us greater penetration from the left and improve the team.

“He will get goals. So, it was a satisfactory beginning for him and the most important thing was his fitness,” the manager added.

Daniel Agger, meanwhile, boosted his fitness ahead of the opening weekend of the Premier League season in a behind-closed-doors friendly with Rochdale yesterday.

West Ham United have conceded defeat in their pursuit of Liverpool striker Andy Carroll.

The London club were keen to secure the former Newcastle United man on a season-long loan, with a view to signing the 23-year-old on a permanent transfer.

Despite reports Liverpool and West Ham had agreed a loan fee of £2m last week, no agreement was ever in place.

Hammers’ manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed the newly-promoted side wanted Carroll but now admits it looks unlikely they will land their man.

Allardyce believes Carroll would have been the signing to ensure West Ham avoided relegation on their top-flight return.

“I would probably have stuck my neck out and said we would almost certainly stay up with him on board,” Allardyce said.

“We wouldn’t have thought we would have had any chance of signing a player of Andy Carroll’s capabilities but it became clear a couple of weeks ago there was a possibility of a loan.

“Unfortunately at this moment, it’s not the case.”

It is understood, despite being a close friend of West Ham captain Kevin Nolan, Carroll was cool on the idea of leaving Liverpool for London.

A move back to the North East with Newcastle would tempt Carroll more but he remains intent on fighting for his Liverpool career.

However, Carroll’s immediate future at Anfield remains in doubt.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Man City table THIRD bid for Liverpool defender Agger:

Manchester City have made a third bid for Liverpool defender Dan Agger.

The Manchester Evening News says City have upped their bid for Liverpool defender Agger to £18m.

The Blues have already been unsuccessful with bids of £13m and £16m for the Danish centre-half as boss Roberto Mancini looks to bring in cover for Joleon Lescott and Vincent Kompany.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Ex-Wimbledon striker Cork: Rodgers will bring glory back to Liverpool:

Former Wimbledon striker Alan Cork feels Brendan Rodgers will bring success and style to Liverpool.

Cork wrote in the Daily Star Sunday: "His arrival on Merseyside is a match made in heaven for both club and manager.

"Rodgers loves players to attack swiftly down the flanks and busy midfield players who rarely put a pass astray.

"It’s been the Liverpool way since I care to remember.

"There were times I came off the pitch with my head spinning after playing against them in their pomp.

"Brendan, I am sure, will bring back those glory days."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Two Liverpool transfer targets go head-to-head: who should the Reds sign?

Liverpool's search for a new winger has taken a new twist amid reports of a £6.3m bid for Portuguese international Ricardo Quaresma after complications over a fee for Bologna's Gaston Ramirez.

Quaresma, 28, has spent two years in Turkey with Besiktas having irked ex-boss Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan, while 21-year-old Ramirez enjoyed a stunning campaign in Serie A - but which player is better suited to Liverpool? Let's try to find out...

What's the latest?
Quaresma: According to Portugal's best selling sports newspaper, A Bola, Liverpool are readying a £6.3m bid for the winger, who Besiktas are keen to get off their wage bill as they enter financial turmoil. Once tipped to develop into one of world football's finest wingers, Quaresma has failed to make an impact at Barcelona, Inter or Chelsea but sparkled for Porto and, in patches, for Besiktas. He was part of Portugal's Euro 2012 squad and represents a much cheaper option than Ramirez.

Ramirez: La Gazzetta dello Sport suggest Liverpool and Spurs will have to fork out £15.9m to land playmaker Ramirez, regarded as one of the hottest young talents in Italy. Bologna will demand as much as possible for their star man because they are obliged to give 30 per cent of any fee back to Ramirez's former club, Penarol.

What is being said?
Quaresma: "I have always given my best for the team. The club have embarrassed me. This attitude is shameful, they do not even give me equipment to train. Sometimes, I have to wait 30 minutes to get it."
July 27 2012

Ramirez: "Gaston is ready to leave Italy - so much so I am in England for talks with a Premier League club."
Ramirez's agent Pablo Betancourt, July 27 2012

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Liverpool join scramble for Real Madrid's Sahin:

Liverpool have joined the battle for Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin.

And Brendan Rodgers’ close relationship with Jose Mourinho could give the Anfield club an edge over Arsenal and Tottenham in negotiations.

Marca says Liverpool want to take the Turkey international on a season-long loan, which could suit all parties.

Sahin showed reluctance to join Spurs when Andre Villas-Boas wanted him as part of a proposed deal to sell Luka Modric to the Spanish champions.

It had been claimed that Arsenal were favourites to sign him in recent days, but Mourinho could convince the 23-year-old that a year with Rodgers would benefit his development.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Liverpool demand £22M for Barcelona, Man City target Agger

Liverpool have slapped a £22 million price-tag on Dan Agger.

Liverpool will demand £22m for Manchester City target Daniel Agger, although a player-plus-cash deal involving Adam Johnson could also be an option, according to the Guardian.

The Blues are looking for cover for central defenders Joleon Lescott and Vincent Kompany and are thought to have an £18m bid on the table.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Liverpool striker Carroll willing to move abroad

Liverpool striker Andy Carroll is willing to move abroad.

The star is ready to move to Europe if he does not return to Newcastle United.

A source close to Carroll told the People: ''He will now consider a move abroad but only if he can play European football next season. "He desperately wants to stay in the England picture and he is convinced that only playing in Europe will help that."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Swansea boss Laudrup tells Liverpool: Give us Suarez for Allen!

Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup is demanding quality from Liverpool if they want to do a swap for Joe Allen.

Laudrup says he will not accept an offer that includes a player not considered first-choice at Anfield.

When asked about the possibility of an exchange, he said: "If we could have (Luis) Suarez ... We have good players here and they have good players, but I can't see a player not in the starting 11 at Liverpool being in the starting 11 in our team.

"They might want to do it because they can pay less money."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Luis Suarez Signs New Liverpool Contract

Liverpool’s Luis Suarez has signed a new contract with the club, it is understood. The Uruguayan was the subject of speculation this summer, but the Reds have moved quickly to secure their prized asset ahead of the new campaign.

A video leaked online revealing that the striker had agreed new terms earlier today, and the news is expected to be made official imminently.

Attention now turns to Daniel Agger and Martin Sktel, as Brendan Rodgers looks to commit his star centre-backs to his exciting new project at Anfield.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Swansea Say Allen Worth £20M by "Liverpool's Standards" :

With the Olympics over for Team GB in football, negotiations between Liverpool and Swansea for Joe Allen were free to continue in public today as Swansea's new manager sought to set the player's value based on what Liverpool have paid for other midfielders in the past.

"He is worth a lot of money because he's a good player," said Laudrup. "The manager knows him and knows if he wants to change the way Liverpool play he needs a player in the midfield like Joe Allen. But he also knows he's very, very expensive. We saw they bought a couple of midfielders in the last few years for a lot of money but, with all due respect, Joe is on a level above."

It's confirmation of what most have suspected but which hadn't previously been acknowledged by anybody actually dealing with the club: Liverpool's reputation as poor transfer negotiators who can be made to overpay precedes them. While disappointing for fans, this is hardly a huge surprise after the past three windows have seen the likes of Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing, and Jordan Henderson brought in for fees that—no matter one's opinion of the player—are vastly inflated.
Related: Swansea Anger Over Allen Situation | Twitter: Follow the Liverpool Offside

"In my opinion," the Swansea manager continued, "if [Henderson] is worth £17m then Joe is worth more, perhaps over £20m. I'm talking as a football man, not as a chairman, but if the chairman asks my advice then I will tell him the same."

Though of course, as reported earlier, Allen's contract contains a limited £15M release clause which would allow Liverpool to capture the player for far less than the £20M minimum Laudrup suggests he's worth. As such, the message from Swansea remains blindingly clear: If Liverpool want him, they must pay the full amount that would nullify his contract or leave the Welsh club alone to prepare for the new season.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Suarez and Coates Return to Liverpool

Uruguay's departure from the Olympics following the group stages has meant an early return to Liverpool for Luis Suarez and Sebastian Coates, who were back at Melwood today training with the rest of the squad. After weeks of talking about the importance of Suarez, it also marked a first chance for manager Brendan Rodgers to spend time with the returning striker.

It's a return that has been quickly followed by suggestions—fuelled by what appeared an unintended early announcement on the club's official TV channel—that a new contract for Suarez is imminent. We will keep you up to date on an further developments on that front, though for the time being the good news of Suarez and Coates returning to training will have to suffice.

With the two Uruguayans back in the fold, it means that only Craig Bellamy remains unaccounted for, though his return is expected to come in a few days following Team GB's defeat at the hands of South Korea on Saturday.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next