Nigerian Palace Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

4 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC - Page 3 Empty GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

Post by feco1love Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ramires has been recalled to the Brazil squad by national team coach Mano Menezes.

The 25-year-old midfielder joins new signing Oscar and David Luiz in the squad that faces Sweden on August 15.

Ramires enjoyed a fine end to last season, scoring the opening goal in the FA Cup Final just weeks after his incredible chip had kick-started our comeback against Barcelona in the Champions Leage semi-final.

The former Benfica and Cruzeiro man has not played for Brazil since the 2011 Copa America a year ago.

Last edited by feco1love on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

My Club Support : GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC - Page 3 P1210

NPF Points : 250

Back to top Go down

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC - Page 3 Empty Re: GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:28 pm

DI MATTEO: STRONG TEAM TRAVELLING
Posted on: Fri 10 Aug 2012

Roberto Di Matteo has only Marko Marin unavailable to face Manchester City in the Community Shield at Villa Park on Sunday.

The German international sat out last weekend's friendly defeat at Brighton and is still not ready for action, but we can expect Chelsea returns for Juan Mata and Daniel Sturridge, while Oriol Romeu and Ryan Bertrand are also in contention, and Eden Hazard is expected to make his debut.

'Everybody apart from Marko Marin is fit and available and I will select the final team tomorrow after the last training,' said Di Matteo.

'It's certainly going to be a strong team, keeping in mind the stage where the players are, they are at different stages, but it will be a strong team.

'There is always competition for places and I try to keep it as open as possible for people fighting for places. We've only had some of the players back this week from the Olympics and it will take a bit of time to find the right players in the right positions. We have a couple of new players but a lot of them have been here before and know each other.'

As Premier League champions, City are probably favourites for the game, and Di Matteo expects a tough challenge from Roberto Mancini's men, believing they will be among the frontrunners once again in 2012/13.

'Everybody will be chasing them. They have a good squad, a good team and when you are at the top it is hard to stay at the top,' said the Italian. 'There will be plenty of clubs trying to catch them up this season.

'There was a big gap last season and that's one of our challenges this season, to try and bridge it. Twenty-five points was a lot, and we have a tough season ahead trying to compete.

'There are a lot of very good teams this season, it seems the Premier League is getting more balanced every year. They have a good squad and will be difficult to catch but that's the job of all the other teams.

'Traditionally this match doesn't give a big clue to what kind of season you will have, but it will be competitive and both teams will want to win. But whoever wins doesn't necessarily go on to win the Premier League or anything else [but] it's always better to win. It's a good feeling and the players know a win against Man City would be great and give us the right step into the Premier League.'

With Oscar yet to join up with the squad, Di Matteo believes we will have a formidable group once it begins to gel.

'I watched him in the Olympics, before the Olympics, and he will certainly add a lot of quality to our team. He is still a young man and will be able to learn a lot from the players we have here, and the mentality of the players here,' said the manager.

'There are plenty of trophies to win this season and we have a very driven team and players who are never satisfied with what they have done in the past.'

Di Matteo also suggested he is still interested in adding to the squad, with a striker a possible priority, particularly given the likelihood of Romelu Lukaku departing on loan.

'At this stage of his career the most important thing is to play. It might be a bit more difficult here with us so it's the best choice to let him go out on loan,' admitted the coach.

'We are a little bit light in a couple of positions and we've got one or two young players who are interesting but we will see what is going to go on and see what happens when the market closes.'

Another player who has been linked with a move away is Daniel Sturridge, who was today called into the England squad. The player, Di Matteo says, remains firmly in his plans.

'He is part of the squad, of the team, and still has a lot to give. He still has a lot to learn as well but we are hopeful he can develop even more and become a great player for us.

'He did very well to recover from his illness in a short period of time. He is a very exciting player and it's great for him to be involved in the England squad.

'He has the ability to play in more than one position. He made it quite public he likes to play as a number nine but there is competition, which is good, and we will see as the season starts who is going to play.'

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC - Page 3 Empty Re: GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:31 pm

yea bro....chelsea all the way

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:33 pm

STURRIDGE: STARTING STRONGLY
Posted on: Fri 10 Aug 2012

It would be no exaggeration to say that Daniel Sturridge has been through the mill over the past few months, but having returned to Cobham following his involvement with Team GB at the Olympics, he is fully-focused on the season ahead and cementing his position as a first team regular at Stamford Bridge.

Having been an unused substitute in both the FA Cup and Champions League Finals, Sturridge was then placed on the standby list for Euro 2012, and after narrowly missing out on the trip to Poland and Ukraine, his summer took a more positive turn when he was chosen by Stuart Pearce - along with Ryan Bertrand - to represent Great Britain at London 2012.

His participation in the tournament, however, appeared to be in doubt after he was struck down by viral meningitis early in July, and after recovering in time to take part, he was heavily involved in the campaign, scoring two important goals - including an exquisite chip against UAE - while also missing a penalty in the shoot-out against South Korea as the hosts were eliminated.

'It was a bit of a rollercoaster,' he tells the official Chelsea website. 'I didn't think I'd make the Olympics due to the illness.

'It all happened quite quickly, it was a long recovery, but in terms of the decision for me to go, that was quite quick.

'I was just happy to go, I wasn't feeling 100 per cent when I got there, but I was improving, and in the end I was glad to be a part of it.

'It went quite well, after everything I was just happy to be playing and I wasn't really focusing on the performances or how I did. I was grateful god helped me recover quickly because, without his presence, I wouldn't be where I am now.'

Last season was a story of two halves for the 23-year-old. One that started with him playing on the right of a front-three and scoring goals for fun, earning him a senior England debut against Sweden in the process, ended with him struggling to force his way into the side and having to be content with fleeting appearances from the bench.

The impending campaign is undoubtedly a big one for Sturridge, and with the likes of Eden Hazard, Marko Marin and Oscar all joining the club over the course of the summer, he is under no illusions as to what will be required if he is to feature on a regular basis.

'Collectively, winning trophies is what everybody wants to do,' says Sturridge. 'On a personal level, I just want to be playing regular first team football.

'Nobody wants to sit on the bench so it's important for me this season to be playing regularly and show everybody what I'm capable of doing as a centre-forward.

'Hopefully this season I'll be playing up front, so whoever the manager signs or wants to bring in, it only gives me the impetus to want to do better. It's important that you take your opportunities when they come along.'

Sunday sees us take on Sturridge's former club, Manchester City, in the annual curtain-raiser to the new season, the Community Shield, and while the game is essentially little more than a friendly, the player himself believes a victory against last season's champions can only breed confidence and belief ahead of the new campaign.

'The team who wins the Community Shield, historically, normally goes on to do well in the league so of course we want to win it,' says Sturridge.

'You don't want to lose games at any time. We want to hit the ground running and get the win but I don't know how much of a bearing it has [on the season].

'Teams get stronger, the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City tend to push on from around February time, but it's important to get off to a good start.'

Having endured a difficult time of late, Sturridge received some good news when he was called back into the England squad by Roy Hodgson for next week's friendly against Italy in Berne.

Club teammates Frank Lampard and Gary Cahill were also recalled having missed Euro 2012 through injury, while there was also a first call-up for Ryan Bertrand.

'It's good to be involved again, I've earned the call-up so hopefully I can make the most of the time I get on the pitch and perform well,' he admits.

'It's good for Ryan, he's worked very hard and not had many opportunities here. To get a call-up from his performances with Team GB shows what a talent he is and I'm sure both him and his family will be delighted.'

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:39 pm

COMMUNITY SHIELD PRE-MATCH BRIEFING: CHELSEA V MANCHESTER CITY:

As the Gershwins put it, long ago, the song of Munich is ended but the melody lingers on. With that in mind, we now embark on supporting a Chelsea that, first among its London peers, have been crowned the kings of Europe.

Draw strength that, when disappointment or heartbreak visit in the future, they can't take that away from us. Pre-Munich, and in other circumstances, a poor set of pre-season results might have caused more consternation.

At 1.30 on Sunday at Villa Park we contest the first of seven trophies over the 2012/13 campaign. Three we would have entered anyway; the rest - the Champions League, Uefa Super Cup, Fifa Club World Cup, and this weekend's showpiece - we qualified for purely by winning the Champions League or FA Cup.

The last time Chelsea earned a place in this showpiece as a result of winning the cup, not the league, was in 2009, when champions Manchester United were beaten 4-1 in a penalty shoot-out after a 2-2 draw. The Blues went on to win the double under Carlo Ancelotti that season.

The result of Chelsea's four other recent appearances in this showcase match have proved similarly portentous in the ensuing league contest.
Defeat by United in 2007 and 2010, and Liverpool in 2006, was followed by Sir Alex Ferguson's men winning the title. When Chelsea beat Arsenal in 2005, however, José Mourinho went on to steer the Blues to back-to-back success in the Premier League.

Of course, that could well be coincidence rather than the suggestion of any impact the Shield result has over the rest of the football calendar.
In most years the FA Cup alone would have been a beautiful climax to the season, even though we have won it in four of the last six seasons. Last May, as in 2010, the Double season, our FA Cup final victory over Liverpool (not to mention beating Spurs 5-1 to get there) has been almost upstaged by the massive achievement of becoming Europe's finest.

Whatever the benefits yielded from cup wins, there is no doubt the club will be looking for a vast improvement on last season's sixth place finish.

Some exciting new faces have arrived as great servants moved on. Skilful Belgian Eden Hazard arrives from Lille with ringing endorsement of former Blue Joe Cole, and the title 'Europe's hottest property'. His preseason performances have already whetted the appetite.

Winger Marko Marin has shown flashes of the trickery that made him one of Germany's highest-rated youngsters.

We also have a new number 11 to hail following Didier Drogba's heroic adieu. The new man in the shirt, Oscar, has started auspiciously this week, becoming Chelsea's first Olympic finalist since Vivian John 'Jack' Woodward in 1912. (Great Britain skipper Woodward defeated his future Pensioners teammate Nils Middelboe's Denmark side 4-2 in the Stockholm final.)

Should the versatile young Brazilian prove even half the inspiration the acclaimed centre-forward was at Stamford Bridge, fans are in for a treat.

The last 10 FA Community Shields

Winners Runners-up
2002 Arsenal Liverpool
2003 Man Utd Arsenal
2004 Arsenal Man Utd
2005 Chelsea Arsenal
2006 Liverpool Chelsea
2007 Man Utd Chelsea
2008 Man Utd Portsmouth
2009 Chelsea Man Utd
2010 Man Utd Chelsea
2011 Man Utd Man City

If the scores are level after 90 minutes, the winner will be decided on penalties. No extra time will be played.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:56 pm

sori guys for not updating y'all ffor long....av bin busy u know...skul tinz

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Cech insists Chelsea skipper Terry can handle boo-boys:
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech says John Terry is as strong-willed as ever.

Cech has shared a dressing room with Terry long enough to know the 31-year-old has a mental toughness few can match.

And he insists no amount of baiting from the stands will have any effect on his long-time team-mate.

"He is a strong player," said Cech. "He knows that this will go on every time he plays away from home.

"It won't affect him. All I need is for to be JT and to play well.

"If he does that everybody will be happy."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Chelsea signing Hazard confident handling Premier League rough stuff:

Chelsea signing Eden Hazard is confident handling the massive expectations of Blues fans.

Hazard was subjected to some tough treatment in the 3-2 defeat by Manchester City at Villa Park and then found himself thrust into a defensive role after the dismissal of Branislav Ivanovic, before being substituted.

“I’ve already found what I came for in England – beautiful stadium, beautiful pitch, big atmosphere and a very competitive match,” he said.

“Beyond the result, I am happy with that first test. I felt at ease. It’s very fast and I believe it’s a perfect style of play for my qualities. I’m here to play these very intense games. In France, it could be intense during 10 or 15 minutes but the match can be very quiet during the next 10 or 15 minutes. Here, it is always at the maximum.

“I was stopped sometimes by big tackles, but people have always tried to stop me playing hard. But when it’s fair like that it’s OK.

“The first half was encouraging but the red card killed the game. Down to 10 players, it was really difficult because City pass the ball very well. I had to defend a lot in the second half and it was very hard physically.

“I was pleased with my performance. I can do better of course, but I am confident.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Cech insists Chelsea strong enough to challenge for title:

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech insists they will be Premier League title challengers this season.

After recruiting £64million worth of reinforcements during the summer, Cech insists the Blues are fired up for a war with City and United.

He said: “We want a better campaign than last season.

“We want to defend the Champions League and the FA Cup and we want to win the Premier League.

“No one has successfully defended the Champions League.

“We want to be the first and that’s an exciting challenge.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Chelsea attacker Kakuta eager to clinch Marseille move:

Gael Kakuta admits he must leave Chelsea for the sake of his career.

He says he wants to leave Chelsea with Marseille keen to sign him.

Kakuta told L'Equipe: "My decision is final. This is an important time in my career. It’s better for me to leave the club (Chelsea) and find one where I could play more matches. I need to play."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Chelsea ace Lampard to lead England against Italy:

Chelsea ace Frank Lampard is set to lead England tomorrow night against Italy.

The Chelsea midfielder’s thigh injury ruled him out of Euro 2012 and it was not clear if Roy Hodgson would pick a man who will be 36 at the World Cup.

But Lamps will be one of the senior players travelling to Berne today as Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney and John Terry are rested.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Hazard happy to see Chelsea striker Torres off mark:

Chelsea ace Eden Hazard was happy to see Fernando Torres on the mark in their Community Shield defeat to Manchester City.

Hazard is backing Torres, who scored Chelsea’s first goal on Sunday, to find some consistent form this season, after a troubled first 18 months at Stamford Bridge.

“It was a great finish,” said Hazard. “And I know a lot more will come. Fernando is one of the best strikers in the world – quick and powerful and very efficient in front of goal.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Wigan waiting for Chelsea to deliver new Moses bid

Wigan Athletic are waiting for Chelsea to improve their bid for Victor Moses.

The Telegraph says Chelsea are still battling to secure a £9million deal for Moses.

Dave Whelan, the Wigan chairman, confirmed on Sunday that Blues boss Roberto Di Matteo was yet to return with an improved offer for the winger.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Lukaku slams Chelsea treatment:

Romelu Lukaku has taken a parting shot at Chelsea following his loan move to West Brom, claiming that a difficult debut season for the Blues made him fall out of love with football.
Lukaku, 19, arrived at Stamford Bridge to a fanfare last August after emerging as a teenage prodigy at Anderlecht.

However, the Belgium international failed to justify his £18 million price tag in a frustrating 2011-12 campaign, with first-team opportunities proving limited under first Andre Villas-Boas and then Roberto Di Matteo.

Lukaku made just 12 appearances - four of them starts - in all competitions and despite Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou departing over the summer, he felt he would be better served looking elsewhere for regular football.

The 6' 3" striker completed a loan move to West Brom last week but has now taken a swipe at his parent club for their treatment of him.

"I couldn't see myself staying at Chelsea. I sacrificed a year of my career with them and didn't want to put up with it any more,' Lukaku told the Daily Star.

"I decided in March I wanted to go out on loan, and told my agent to find me a club. I am relieved to have found a solution. On the first day of pre-season I told the manager I wanted to leave.

"Roberto Di Matteo told me I ought to think about Chelsea as there weren't going to be many other strikers this season, but this is the time for me to think about myself.

"I got sick of watching the others from the bench. I just played 12 games and when I was playing well, they would take me off. I lost my hunger for the game over the past year. I won't beat about the bush  my season at Chelsea went very badly.

"As regards getting minutes on the pitch, I wasted my time. Last season I was in the reserves alongside a young lad who'd barely turned 15 and I asked myself what I was doing there."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Chelsea chief Emenalo warns Cavani: Drop your demands:

Chelsea refuse to meet the match the demands of Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.

The Daily Mail says Cavani has insisted he become one of Chelsea’s top earners should he agree a move to London - demanding a hefty £150,000-per-week.

In addition to his wages, Cavani would cost £35million in transfer fees.

And Chelsea are not prepared to give in to the Uruguay striker’s demands and it is understood Blues technical director Michael Emenalo has told Cavani’s advisers that the club will not pursue their interest in the centre-forward until he lowers salary.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 pm

NO LET UP
Posted on: Wed 15 Aug 2012

With squad numbers low due to international duty, assistant first team coach Steve Holland believes the focus in this week's training is more on individual advancement than collective cohesion.

Just nine outfield players and three goalkeepers were at Cobham on Tuesday for training, with some players like Ashley Cole and Juan Mata given an extra day off to rest before reporting back today, while many others will be representing their countries around Europe this evening.

Far from a perfect situation, Holland sees it as just another obstacle in a difficult pre-season.

'It's not ideal this week. The pre-season has been a real challenge from day one to be honest,' he said. 'Of the senior squad squad, we had a few players here on day one and gradually added to that until we were in America, when we added more, and four more came last week from the Olympics, with one still to come back.

'Then when the squad was looking like it was all together, we now have another international break in the week before the season. It's not perfect but it's something we navigate, and having the extra day to play at Wigan on Sunday is certainly an advantage.'

Despite the absentees, there are still gains to be made in the lead up to the Barclays Premier League curtain raiser.

'The effect of players coming back at different stages is obvious, so when you consider that John Terry and Fernando Torres both played their first full 90 minutes of the summer against Manchester City on Sunday, it's an opportunity to have John here and top him up, preparing him for Sunday,' Holland explained. 'Juan Mata similarly, so there is a very individual focus on it. We can't do too much team play but we can still improve individuals in preparation for Sunday.'

Holland also found time to praise Ryan Bertrand, who is with the England squad for their friendly against Italy in Switzerland, having seen the defender graduate from reserve to Champions League winner.

'I'm even more satisfied to see him in the squad because I had Ryan in the reserves two years ago and have seen him come all the way through from there,' Holland said. 'To see him in the Champions League Final and now get an England call-up is fantastic and great testament to Ryan and the work he's put in.

'I've spoken to him about the Olympics experience too, coming out in the stadiums and the opening ceremony, and he's had a fantastic few months so we wish him well in Switzerland.'

Meanwhile back at Cobham the work will be going on as hard as ever, with the start of the season edging ever nearer.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Chelsea starlet joins Bristol Rovers on loan - set to face Ipswich:

Chelsea goalkeeper Sam Walker has joined Bristol Rovers on loan until January.

The 20-year-old, who has had previous spells at Barnet, Northampton and Yeovil, is likely to start against Ipswich.

The Pirates’ regular stopper, Scott Bevan, is sidelined with a wrist injury.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:54 pm

HAYES APPOINTED AS NEW LADIES MANAGER
Posted on: Tue 14 Aug 2012

Chelsea Ladies are delighted to announce that Emma Hayes has been appointed manager.

Hayes will now guide the Ladies through the second half of the FA Women's Super League season, which starts with an away game against Doncaster Rover Belles this weekend.

'I'm really looking forward to the challenge here at Chelsea,' said Hayes. 'There is a great foundation from which to build on and it's a really thrilling prospect. There are only five games left this season so we're going to take things match by match but I can't wait to get started.'

Hayes was assistant coach at Arsenal Ladies when the Gunners won the quadruple of Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Uefa Cup in 2006/07.

The 35-year-old has since worked in the US, coaching at Chicago Red Stars and Washington Freedom. Hayes then joined NY Flash and put together an experienced squad before returning to the UK earlier this year.

Chair of Chelsea Ladies Peter Steward said: 'Emma is a very talented manager who boasts a wealth of experience within the women's game. Her achievements speak for themselves and we feel Emma is the right person to take Chelsea Ladies forward.'

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:55 pm

England boss hopes Chelsea skipper is ‘freed’ over FA rap:

Roy Hodgson has risked an FA backlash by admitting he hopes John Terry can clear his name so he can carry on picking the Chelsea man.

The defender was cleared of a racially aggravated public order offence by Westminster Magistrates Court in June but is now facing an FA charge as a result of his altercation with Anton Ferdinand at Loftus Road in October. It could have a significant impact on his international ambitions if he was found guilty.

Hodgson will have no say in the disciplinary process, which it has been suggested may not be resolved until the end of next month.

However, in comments that will leave him open to the accusation of influencing the disciplinary panel that sits in judgement, Hodgson last night said he hoped Terry is cleared.

“I’m not prepared to discuss John,” said Hodgson initially.

“It’s a matter which is really, as far as I am concerned, working for the FA, subjudice.

“Everything I say can be misinterpreted.

“As far as I am concerned he has a case to answer with the FA and I’ll wait and see what happens.”

Asked about his previous comments in an interview with Sky Sports News last Friday, Hodgson went on: “I’m hoping, and I make no secret of that, the case will take its course, that John, hopefully, will be freed as he was freed in a court of law, and will carry on playing for England.

“That’s my hope. What will happen, I have no idea.

“As a member of the FA, it’s a subjudice situation and I’m not prepared to say any more.

“I thought John did well in the Euros and I’d like to keep using him, but this is a case which is way out of my hands. John understands that.

“All I can do - like many of his supporters, I suppose - is just hope he gets freed and can continue to play.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:57 pm

YOUNGSTERS IN INTERNATIONAL ACTION
Posted on: Wed 15 Aug 2012

A number of Chelsea's Academy players were in national team action on Tuesday evening.

Recent signings Thorgan Hazard and Lamisha Musonda were half-time substitutes for Belgium Under 21s in their 1-0 win against Scotland in Dunfermline, Hazard creating the winning goal for Ziguy Badibanga just 10 minutes after his introduction, before testing Scottish goalkeeper Jordan Archer with a free-kick shortly afterwards..

At Under 19 level Alex Davey played 65 minutes for Scotland in their 1-0 defeat against Germany in Falkirk. Anjur Osmanovic was a substitute in Sweden U19's 2-0 win at home to Finland.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:58 pm

England boss criticised for ‘foolish’ comments on Chelsea skipper:

Leading anti-racism campaigner Piara Powar has branded Roy Hodgson’s intervention in the John Terry case as “foolish”.

Ahead of tonight’s friendly with Italy in Berne, the England coach expressed support for Terry, who is currently the subject of an FA charge over comments made to Anton Ferdinand at Loftus Road last October.

Chelsea defender Terry has already been found not guilty of a racially aggravated public order offence by Westminster Magistrates Court and Hodgson expressed the hope Chelsea’s captain would also be cleared at an FA hearing, which will not take place until the end of next month.

Powar, executive director of Football Against Racism, has said: “Hodgson’s comments on Terry are foolish.

“It is not helpful to the process the FA has undertaken in any way.

“The England manager is employed by the FA, who have a dual role in running the national team and being the governing body.

“Whatever support Roy Hodgson wants to give to a member of his squad, he also has to remember the FA’s wider role.

“For the England coach to go public with his view like this calls into question that dual function.”

By the time Terry’s hearing takes place, the case will have been rumbling on for 11 months, bringing with it so many negative headlines the game could have done without.

It has done little to improve the game’s profile in the eyes of the public who have been captivated not only by the athletic achievements, but also the humility of its Olympians over the past three weeks.

While Powar has no wish to see cases resolved speedily at the expense of justice, he does feel greater transparency would have helped.

“My primary concern with this case is that justice is done,” he said.

“That comes above any expediency within the decision-making process.

“There has been a criminal case involved here and no doubt the FA are carrying out their own investigations.

“What might have been better was if the FA put out a statement explaining what was happening and how long it was likely to take because the way it is going on, it risks people getting fed up with the situation.”

Powar also feels there needs to be some clarity as to who should be responsible for player behaviour, clubs or the governing body.

He noted that in a recent case involving Emmanuel Frimpong, Arsenal first intervened with the striker posted a racist response to an offensive Tweet, only for the FA to then wade in by fining the striker £6,000.

“I accept these are complex matters but when you looked at Frimpong’s ‘Yids’ statement, which clearly in the context it was used was derogatory and racist, first his club stepped in, then the FA took action as well,” said Powar.

“These players are employed by their clubs, so that is another issue that needs looking at.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Chelsea legend delighted to be back in the international fold:

Frank Lampard is looking forward to returning to action with England in their friendly against Italy on Wednesday after the disappointment of missing Euro 2012.

The Chelsea midfielder will captain Roy Hodgson’s side in Berne and says he is excited by the new-look young squad.

“I watched the Euros and supported the lads and was disappointed, but I think there were a lot of positives in the way the team played and the way they held themselves,” the 34-year-old told the FA.

“There was a lot of hunger and desire in the team and I am glad to be back part of it.

“I think it is an exciting squad. I think the manager has picked a very intelligent squad in the way he has rested players that have played 60 games and the Euros.

“He has brought in some youngsters to show them the feel of the squad and what it is like travelling and playing with England, so it is great experience for those lads and I am looking forward to the game.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Hodgson should stay out of Terry case, says Taylor
The ex-England boss thinks the current head coach should have kept quiet until a decision was made, while Football Against Racism's chief also criticised the manager's comments:
Former England manager Graham Taylor has revealed that he was surprised by Roy Hodgson's public support of John Terry, with the FA currently probing into alleged racial abuse by the player.

The Chelsea defender has been cleared in court of allegedly using racially abusive language towards Anton Ferdinand of QPR, but the FA have re-launched their own investigation into the incident.

The current Three Lions boss, who has already insisted Terry's international career is not over, has now indicated that he hopes the Blues' man will be cleared once more, despite the new inquiry being held by his employers.

Taylor admitted he was shocked by the former West Brom manager's decision to talk openly about the case, stating his belief that Hodgson shouldn't have commented until a conclusion is found.

"I was surprised that Roy said that," Taylor told the BBC.

"He shouldn't be getting involved in any comment on that until a decision [by the FA] has been made. I don't think it was a good thing for him."

The England head coach has also come under criticism from awareness group Football Against Racism due to his support of Terry.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Bertrand hoping to force his way into Chelsea side:

Ryan Bertrand says he is looking to provide plenty of competition for Ashley Cole in the Chelsea first team.

The 23-year old left-back has risen to prominence in the past 12 months with more regular appearances for the Blues and selection in the Great Britain Olympic team but he knows very well that pushing past England international Cole will be extremely difficult.

"Hopefully I'll go on and have a good season,” he told BBC Sport.

"I played 15 games last season, so if I get 20-25 games it will show progress.”

He added: "He's (Cole) is one of the best left-backs in the world.

"We have a good relationship. He's more than happy for me to play more games and pushes me on."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:09 pm

OSCAR SET FOR DEBUT
Posted on: Fri 17 Aug 2012

Oscar could make his Chelsea debut at Wigan this weekend, but Marko Marin remains out with a hamstring injury.

Our Barclays Premier League kick-off is delayed by a day due to live TV coverage, which has given Roberto Di Matteo extra time to work with his squad, which now includes Oscar, the Brazilian midfielder who is now at Cobham following Olympic duty.

'We only have Marin out injured, everybody else is okay. In terms of the new signings, Oscar has finally joined us after his Olympic Games and they are all available for Sunday,' the manager reported.

'Oscar has only been in the building for a day and a half, so we will see. I still have to think about it for Sunday, but there will be plenty of time to play.'

That may be at the expense of Juan Mata, who it is admitted will need a break from action at some point after a busy summer of football.

'He has had a long summer but I will factor in a break for him at some point because it's important,' conceded Di Matteo. 'He won't be able to go through the whole year like this. We will have to plan it intelligently.'

Sunday though, cannot come quickly enough for Di Matteo, who is looking forward to getting down to business after a challenging pre-season.

'I think it's about time that we started now. Pre-season is always a long period and you look forward to the first game of the season,' he said. 'Pre-season has been a little disrupted by the European championship and Olympic games with players coming back at different stages, so we haven't had that much time to work with the whole team and it will take a bit of time.

'All the players are looking forward to finally starting. Our aspiration is to do better than last season in the Premier League.

'Expectation levels are always high. It might have added a little pressure but it was always so high anyway. It's an ambitious club and we know we have to try and win trophies and be successful.'

As in previous seasons, Di Matteo expects the title challenge to come from four teams.

'I still believe Man City is the favourite. They haven't lost any key players, but Van Persie is a good signing for united.

'We have to try and catch up with the Manchester teams. The gap last season was big so our aim is to catch them up.'

The challenge begins at the DW Stadium on Sunday lunchtime, and Di Matteo recognises a potential banana skin in Roberto Martinez's side.

'It's definitely a difficult fixture,' he said. 'Last season at the end they were very strong. The last 12 games they were very good, we played them at home and it was a difficult game for us. We expect a difficult game on Sunday, they're at home as well so it won't be easy for sure.'

Oscar aside, there will be no new faces in the squad for that game, though further recruits could yet be found before the transfer window closes. Di Matteo insisted though that excessive fees will not be paid.

'We are not going to pay over the top, only what we think is the real value of a player. There won't be anybody coming in for Sunday but apart from that we will keep our transfer policy private.'

One player who has departed on loan, Romelu Lukaku, has been challenged to produce his best form in the Premier League while with West Brom, to give himself the best chance of breaking into the Chelsea team next season.

'I think Romelu has to look forward to his new challenge with West Brom and try to play and score goals, to show his potential. That's what he has to focus on, he had a difficult season last season with not many minutes on the pitch but it's better to look forward than back.

'You can't change what happened in the past but he can certainly influence the picture for himself. We are looking to follow him intensely and see how he does.'

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Chelsea are pushing to sign Marseille fullback Cesar Azpilicueta today.

The Spain international is a top summer target for Blues boss Roberto di Matteo and his agents are in London today for talks.

Chelsea are close to settling on a £7 million fee with l'OM for Azpilicueta.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next