Nigerian Palace Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

4 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC - Page 2 Empty GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

Post by feco1love Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ramires has been recalled to the Brazil squad by national team coach Mano Menezes.

The 25-year-old midfielder joins new signing Oscar and David Luiz in the squad that faces Sweden on August 15.

Ramires enjoyed a fine end to last season, scoring the opening goal in the FA Cup Final just weeks after his incredible chip had kick-started our comeback against Barcelona in the Champions Leage semi-final.

The former Benfica and Cruzeiro man has not played for Brazil since the 2011 Copa America a year ago.

Last edited by feco1love on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

My Club Support : GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC - Page 2 P1210

NPF Points : 250

Back to top Go down

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC - Page 2 Empty Re: GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Oscar: I'll try to persuade Neymar to join Chelsea
The Blues’ latest recruit says he has been telling his international teammate about the club's ambition, and wants to win the Premier League and Champions League next year.
Chelsea's new Brazilian midfielder Oscar has revealed he is eager to see his international colleague Neymar follow him and make a move to west London.
The pair are currently on Olympic duty for their country, where they have progressed to the semi-finals, and Santos star Neymar has impressed.

He has been linked with a move to Europe for several years, and Oscar has revealed he will be doing all he can to ensure when that move comes, he will be coming to Stamford Bridge.

"While we are in London, I have been telling Neymar about the ambition of Chelsea," he told The People.

"When the time comes for him to join a European club, I hope I can persuade him."

Oscar joined Roberto Di Matteo's side for £25 million before the Olympic tournament began, and he admits that after hearing of the Blues’ interest he had little hesitation in deciding to move to England.

He added: "When my agent told me that Chelsea were interested it was not something I even needed to think about.

"They are the champions of Europe, but they are still showing so much ambition by improving the squad.

"To win the European Cup and still sign guys like myself and Eden Hazard shows you the ambition the owner and manager have.

"With the squad we have I will be looking at winning the Premier League title and also the Champions League.

"I know it is very difficult to win [the Champions League] twice in a row and even Barcelona could not do it, but with what Chelsea have in place it is very possible."

However before he gets his Chelsea career underway, the former Internacional man hopes to win Olympic gold for Brazil.

"The Brazilian Football Confederation have told us that they don't expect anything less than gold - and that is what we are going to deliver," he added.

"To win an Olympic gold would be very special for me."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC - Page 2 Empty Re: GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Moses and Azpilicueta both edge nearer to their desired moves:

This morning brings many reports from decent sources that the Cesar Azpilicueta deal will be completed before the Charity Shield game on Sunday, with it being officially announced next week.

Along with that, I’m hearing strong reports that Chelsea and Wigan are close to agreeing an £8 million fee for Victor Moses and this deal will also be completed by next week.

Nothing confirmed officially but the reports are very strong. So what does this mean for the Hulk deal?

The negotiations have been on going and are still happening, but with Chelsea realising time is running out, they are looking to get the small details finalised for the Moses deal. We won’t buy both players, or at least I can’t see that happening. So with that said and the Moses deal stepping up a notch, it suggests that Chelsea are not holding out on the deal for Hulk and negotiations could well be going downhill.

Having said that, do not rule it out, I’ve still got a gut feeling that Abramovich will get his man and that it will be a deadline day deal, possibly another 11.50pm completion!

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Chelsea Want Two More Signings Before Community Shield Showdown – Report

Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo is hoping to further strengthen his squad with two more additions before facing Manchester City in the Community Shield next Sunday.

The Blues have already signed Marko Marin, Eden Hazard and Oscar, but it seems Di Matteo is still unhappy with his options and is hoping to be able to bring another forward and a right-back to the club in the next five or six days.

The Guardian has reported that while Chelsea are still interested in signing Porto striker Hulk, they may turn their attention back to Wigan's Victor Moses after already having an offer turned down by the Latics.
They believe that Moses is now edging closer towards a £8million move to Stamford Bridge where he could be considered a possible replacement for Salomon Kalou who left the club on a free earlier this summer.

Follow us Follow @IBTimesUK

Another option is Bayer Leverkusen winger Andre Schurrle who has been priced at £25million and has been targeted by Chelsea since Euro 2012 where he helped Germany reach the semi-finals of the competition.

In defence the priority is a right-back as no-one was able to cement their place in this position last season with Branislav Ivanovic, Paulo Ferriera and the recently departed Jose Bosingwa all being given an opportunity.

Youngster Sam Hutchinson has been handed the chance to shine during Chelsea's pre-season matches but the club have struggled and have now lose three games in succession after the 3-1 defeat to Brighton on Saturday.

One potential signing, according to the Guardian, is Marseille defender Cesar Azipilicueta who was recently involved in the disastrous Olympic campaign for Spain which saw the European champions fail to score and get knocked out at the group stage.

The 22-year-old joined the Ligue 1 side from Osasuna back in 2010 and there have been suggestions that Marseille would be prepared to listen to offers in the transfer window.

"Everybody has to sell before buying," Marseille sporting director Jose Anigo told RTL. 'In effect, it could either be (Stephane) M'Bia and Azpi. But for now, nothing has changed."

Di Matteo goes in search of another piece of silverware on Sunday when Chelsea would look to lay down a marker against last season's Premier League champions Manchester City.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:48 pm

HODGSON PRAISE FOR CHELSEA DUO
Posted on: Mon 06 Aug 2012

Daniel Sturridge and Ryan Bertrand may have suffered Olympic agony with Team GB following their penalty shoot-out defeat at the hands of South Korea, but the youngsters can take great heart from their performances during the competition, according to England manager Roy Hodgson.

The Chelsea duo were regulars throughout the tournament, with Sturridge scoring two goals -including the winner against Uruguay to secure a place in the quarter-finals - and Bertrand turning in a string of accomplished displays at left-back.

Hodgson, who watched GB twice during their campaign and will also be at Villa Park for our Community Shield clash with Manchester City on Sunday, reveals his squad for the upcoming friendly against Italy on Friday, and it appears as though Sturridge and Bertrand could be in contention for a call-up.

'Most of them [GB players] are pretty much ready anyway,' he said. 'But one or two of the younger players like Bertrand and Sturridge, and players like Tom Cleverley who is coming back from injury, may not have been quite so much a fixture in their teams.

'Let's hope the Olympic experience with Team GB has given them a better chance of staking a claim for a regular spot.

'There will be players involved in that game who weren't part of the Euros, and I'm sure Italy will make changes too.'

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:50 pm

OSCAR TO WEAR 11

Oscar will wear the Chelsea number 11 jersey.

The midfielder, who is currently with the Brazilian team at the London Olympics, will fill the shirt vacated by Didier Drogba in the summer.

Drogba had worn the shirt since 2006, when he replaced Damien Duff having previously sported the number 15.

Prior to Duff, Boudewijn Zenden had inhabited the 11, having replaced the legendary Dennis Wise who had worn the shirt from when squad numbers were introduced in 1993 until he left for Leicester in 2001.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:51 pm

BLUE BEN MAKES OLYMPIC HISTORY

Devoted Chelsea fan Ben Ainslie became the most successful-ever Olympic sailor on Sunday down on the south coast at Weymouth when he claimed the fourth Gold Medal of his career in the Finn Class.

Ben's training programme, like that for many Olympians, means he doesn't get to see nearly as many Chelsea games as he would like to in person. So he couldn't be with us in Munich when we won the Champions League back in May, but he celebrated our win along with many others in the Chainlocker pub in Falmouth, Cornwall, joined by Chelsea photo archivist Hugh Hastings on the night!

Let's hope for more triumphs for Ben, who is keen to bring the America's Cup back to Britain, and continued success for Team GB, who have so far enjoyed a stunning London 2012.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:51 pm

POYET: IT WILL COME

Former Chelsea favourite Gus Poyet discussed the Blues after watching his Brighton side defeat the European champions in Saturday's friendly.

Frank Lampard had opened the scoring on the south coast before two quick goals before half-time put us behind, and a late killer blow decided the match moments before the full time whistle, but Poyet is refusing to get carried away with the win, instead agreeing with Roberto Di Matteo who felt Chelsea were lacking in intensity.

'For us this was the biggest game ever, but for them it was just an extra game so it is not the same,' said the Uruguayan.

'I'm sure they will get there. I can see what he means, but I am sure they will get it back because they are world-class players, and as soon as they are playing for something it is going to be different for sure.

'We tried to make it difficult. Normally a friendly game is very open but we defended deep with nine players behind the ball. Any good team is difficult to beat when they get tight and play for each other, and it's an important game for them.'

Poyet believes a truer reflection of our quality will be on show at Villa Park in the Community Shield on Sunday.

'I won't be surprised if they come out and are unbelievable, because I know how those players are,' he said. 'They will give something extra.'

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:57 pm

YOUNGSTERS SHINE BUT BIGGER TESTS AWAIT

Our Under 18s warmed up for the new campaign with a 3-1 win against Millwall in a pre-season friendly at Cobham.

Joe Edwards, in charge for the afternoon in the absence of manager Adi Viveash, picked a side containing a healthy mixture of first-year scholars and more experienced players.

Ali Gordon skippered the side at the heart of the defence alongside Dion Conroy, while there were also starts for both Anjur Osmanovic and Walter Figueira.
Of the younger faces, Charlie Colkett looked composed in midfield while at left-back Kevin Wright appeared equally adept both in defence and attack.

Osmanovic opened the scoring six minutes before half-time with a free-kick which wrong-footed the goalkeeper courtesy of a deflection, while a minute later Figueira went close to doubling our advantage, only to see his effort well saved following a delightful, flowing move.

Jaoa Rodriguez was a constant threat playing out wide on the left and he should have scored early in the second half, firing over when one-on-one with the keeper.

However, soon after it was 2-0, Osmanovic doubling his tally for the afternoon with yet another free-kick, although on this occasion there was no element of good fortune, the Swede curling an exquisite left-footed effort into the top corner.

Millwall pulled a goal back 10 minutes from time, but our two-goal advantage was restored moments later when Jesse Starkey cut in from the right and bent a wonderful effort into the far corner.

Edwards was pleased with his side's performance, particularly only a few days after their return from a tour of Asia, and attention now turns towards a five-team tournament later this week, as he explains.

'We've played Millwall a few times in recent years and it's always a difficult game,' he says. 'They're notoriously hard to break down, but the difficult conditions suited our game-plan and I thought we did well.

'The trip to Asia was an all-round life experience for the boys. In terms of the football, we probably did less training than we would usually do due to the travelling and adjusting to the heat out there. Outside our hotels there were people living in slums, so it was very humbling for us all.

'We go to Manchester on Wednesday to play in a tournament with United, Tottenham, Arsenal and Aston Villa, that was the reason I made so many changes today. There's fierce competition among the players ahead of our first game against Manchester City with everybody wanting to make the team, the games are there and it's down to them to stake a claim.'

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Di Matteo: We must cut out Brighton errors once we start the league

Di Matteo unhappy after Brighton loss.
Roberto Di Matteo will never criticise individual players but was not happy with his team’s performance against Brighton.

Frank Lampard opened the scoring on 37 minutes, but the home side struck back quickly through Vincente before taking control of the match and adding two more, the first from Ashley Barnes a minute before the break and the third from Andrew Crofts with four minutes remaining.

“I was expecting more from them,” he said after watching his charges lose 3-1 to championship side Brighton & Hove Albion.

“I wanted more movement, and a better performance.

“We were too stretched and too long to apply any pressure.

“We did not do enough with the ball and did not have enough movement.”

Di Matteo admitted that we was concerned about the number of goals they have conceded during pre-season.

“Many of the goals are due to individual errors,” he said.

“But they are errors that will be cut out once we start the league”

With a few players still to return from the Olympics, Di Matteo indeed that there will be little additions to the squad.

“There won’t be any radical changes. I am happy with the squad that we have. As far as right-back is concerned, we have Paulo Ferreira and young Sam Hutchinson who can play there, so, at the moment, we have some cover.

With Brazil’s Oscar and Spain’s Juan Mata to come into midfield, Di Matteo added: “once we integrate these players, we will be able to effect change. however I have always said hat our objective is to win games and s ore goals.

“Once everyone is back together, we can work to improve on areas.

“it’s a problem that we have had players away at the Euros and Olympics, but we will try and get them to catch- as quickly as possible.

“we have only been training for four weeks, wit lots of travel in the USA tour.

“But we need to show more aggression and be focused and more sharper.

The absence of midfielder Josh McEachran was noted and Di Matteo explained his absence.

“I wanted to give more payers 90 minutes on the pitch,” he said.

“This meant that I was going to use less players, so I left Josh and Florent Malouda back at Cobham where they were training.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Chelsea star launches another attack on Arsenal:

Chelsea’s Ashley Cole in another dig at Arsenal.
Chelsea star Ashley Cole has launched another attack on former club Arsenal through social networking site, Twitter.

The full back posted an image of the trophies he has won since leaving the club compared to the Gunners two weeks ago.

Now he has tweeted: “get over it, I left I won” before before using the hashtag #ihaveastaronmyshirtnow in reference to the Champions League triumph.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Oscar eager for Chelsea to carry on buying:

Oscar is convinced of Chelsea's ambitions.

The former Internacional midfielder will join Chelsea after the Olympics.

"They are the champions of Europe, but they are still showing so much ambition by improving the squad.

"To win the European Cup and still sign guys like myself and Eden Hazard shows you the ambition the owner and manager have.

"With the squad we have I will be looking at winning the Premier League title and also the Champions League.

"I know it is very difficult to win it twice in a row and even Barcelona could not do it, but with what Chelsea have in place it is very possible."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Chelsea boss Di Matteo working to find role for Hazard:

Chelsea boss Roberto di Matteo admits its a test trying to bed down Eden Hazard.

Hazard has been inconsistent in preseason so far.

After their defeat to Brighton, Di Matteo told chelseafc.com: "Hazard played on the left, we want him to be incisive, he had good spells but we need to be patient, he's a young man coming from a different league and it takes time to adapt.

"I was looking to get some players 90 minutes so I didn't want to make many changes, seven played the whole game and we left some players back at Cobham to train."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Kakuta wants Chelsea chance:

Gael Kakuta wants the chance to make it at Chelsea this season.

The Frenchman has been linked with Marseille.

"I am flattered by Marseille's interest, but there has been nothing official, so maybe it is just paper talk," said Kakuta.

"I want to play first-team football week in, week out, either at Chelsea or anywhere else."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Fulham not moving for Chelsea outcast Benayoun:

Fulham boss Martin Jol isn't moving for Chelsea midfielder Yossi Benayoun.

The Fulham Chronicle says the 32-year-old is not believed to be among Jol's list of targets as he shapes his squad for the new campaign.

Arsenal attacker Andrey Arshavin has also been linked with Fulham.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Chelsea will up bid to £25M for Bayer Leverkusen striker Schurrle:

Chelsea are slapping in a new bid for Bayer Leverkusen striker Andre Schurrle.

The People says Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo is making a blockbusting £25million bid for German star Schurrle - to fill Didier Drogba's big boots.

Schurrle has been on the radar since a successful season in the Bundesliga followed by some cameos at Euro 2012, and opening offers have been rebuffed.

But owner Roman Abramovich has backed Di Matteo to blow away Leverkusen - and rivals Bayern Munich, who made a major move for Schurrle last week.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Marin sale set up Werder Bremen deal for Chelsea's De Bruyne:

Werder Bremen were able to move for Chelsea winger Kevin de Bruyne thanks to the sale of Marko Marin.

Kicker says Werder chief Klaus Allofs was able to secure De Bruyne ahead of a number of rivals thanks to the relationship struck during negotiations over Marin's sale.

De Bruyne declared: "I have a good feeling about Bremen. I want to play regularly at a high level."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Abramovich convinced Chelsea can wreck Barcelona plans for Neymar:

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich believes he can rumble Barcelona plans for Santos star Neymar.

The People says Neymar has been sensational for Brazil during the Olympics.

All of Europe's top clubs are on his trail, but so far no one has come up with the £50m it is believed will be needed to prise the youngster away from Santos.

Barcelona have a pre-contract with Neymar, which includes a penalty clause should he go elsewhere, but there is a belief the agreement isn't recognised by FIFA - so opening up the race to rivals like Real Madrid and Chelsea.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:15 pm

TWO MORE BACK IN TRAINING
Posted on: Tue 07 Aug 2012

Juan Mata and Oriol Romeu return to Cobham today as we take a step closer to a full complement of players.

The only player now on international duty is Oscar, the new signing still with the Brazilian Olympic squad, but Roberto Di Matteo will be boosted by the return of his two Spanish Olympians, who were eliminated at the group stage last week, with Daniel Sturridge and Ryan Bertrand also on their way back from London 2012.

Mata was last season's Player of the Year, the first Chelsea man to win the award in his first year at the club since Ruud Gullit in 1996, scoring 12 times in 54 appearances. With recent additions Marko Marin and Eden Hazard also being attacking midfielders, Mata will be keen to make an impact and secure his position in Di Matteo's plans ahead of this weekend's Community Shield.

Romeu played 24 times in our colours last season after signing from Barcelona, and impressed with his calmness in possession and ability to intercept opposition passes.

We will be hearing from both players on their summers over the course of the week.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Marseille man wants Chelsea switch:

Cesar Azpilicueta’s move to Chelsea appears to be moving closer after Marseille president Vincent Labrune admitted the full back wants to leave.

The 22-year-old Spaniard has been on the Blues’ radar and the French club’s chief has revealed that negotiations are underway.

“I have spoken to Chelsea’s chief executive and they are easy to deal with. We have told them the price and they will come back and agree it or not,” Labrune told ESPN.

“We would much prefer the player to sign a new contract and stay but he wants to go to Chelsea and it’s a good club so we cannot stand in his way.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Chelsea step up chase for Wallace - report
Speculation is mounting that the European Champions are looking to seal a quick deal for the 18-year-old Fluminense right back and are still interested in Cesar Azpilicueta

Chelsea are moving for Fluminense defender Wallace in a bid to solve their right back problems according to the Daily Mirror.
The Blues have reportedly fought off interest from Serie A sides Napoli and Juventus to seal the €6.3 million signing of the 18-year-old.

But Wallace is not considered to be the full answer to Chelsea's problems in that position, with speculation mounting that the Stamford Bridge outfit remain interested in securing the signing of Cesar Azpilicueta.

Robert Di Matteo's side have a 40 per cent stake in Wallace's status as part of the deal that saw Portuguese midfielder Deco return to Fluminense last summer.

And now it appears the European champions are ready to take advantage of that financial interest by completing the paperwork over the coming days.

Wallace would be Chelsea's fourth summer signing after the arrivals of Eden Hazard, Marko Marin and fellow Brazilian, Oscar at Stamford Bridge in recent months, while Kevin De Bruyne recently joined up with the squad having signed a deal in January - but has moved on loan to Werder Bremen.

But Di Matteo remains hopeful of clinching the signing of long term target Azpilicueta from Marseille with the Stade Velodrome outfit reportedly willing to listen to offers of €10.8m upwards.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Lukaku set for loan, but not to Fulham:

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku will not be joining Fulham on loan, according to the player's agent.

Lukaku, 19, struggled to make an impact at Stamford Bridge after joining from Anderlecht last summer for a substantial fee, and is expected to spend the 2012-13 campaign elsewhere to further his development.

It had been reported that he was set to join Chelsea's West London rivals Fulham, but it appears he is bound for another English club.

"I can assure you that Romelu is not going to Fulham," agent Christophe Henrotay said in Sport/Foot. "I am currently finalising the final details with another Premier League club.

"Romelu will go on loan. I cannot say which team he will join, or when it will happen, but things are progressing."

Henrotay said Lukaku had spoken to Fulham but added: "We have spoken to many clubs. Those journalists spread those rumours without even checking with me."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Spanish, 22 Years Old and Available for £10m: Meet Chelsea’s Long Term Right Back Solution:

Dan Petrescu, Albert Ferrer, Mario Melchiot, Paulo Ferreira, Khalid Boulahrouz, Jose Bosingwa (who has recently been released by The Blues) and so the list goes on, have played for Chelsea at right back and on the whole have all failed, not to mention the makeshift likes of Geremi and Juliano Belletti. It has been an enigma of the past decade for the West London club, even with all the money that could possibly be asked for, Chelsea have struggled to find a right back of the same calibre of other greats to have graced the hallow turf at Stamford Bridge in this millenium. But there is new found hope and it comes in the shape of 22 year old César Azpilicueta.

César Azpilicueta is a name the Chelsea faithful may have to start getting used to (however hard it may be) as they have been heavily linked to make a move for the bright young prospect. (Source: The Metro). Currently Azpilicueta is a Spanish Olympic footballer, playing at club level for French Ligue One side Olympique de Marseille, but his days there may be numbered as he has appeared on a number of clubs radar’s this summer.

Chelsea may have to pay over the odds to secure his signature and fight off rival clubs including Real Madrid from landing the Spaniard. César Azpilicueta began his career at Spanish club Osasuna and made almost a hundred appearences for the club before heading off to Marseilles for £7m in 2010, playing 45 times to date for Élie Baup’s side.

A strong tackler who oozes confidence going forward and at the back, Azpilicueta would be a great addition to the reformed Chelsea squad which now boasts Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin as summer signings. Without doubt, a future full Spanish International, César Azpilicueta could be around at Europe’s highest levels for the next ten years and his signing would surely showcase Chelsea’s plans for the future as well as preventing European rivals Real Madrid from signing Azpilicueta, a positive move on all grounds by Roberto Di Matteo.

We’ll have to wait and see for now but Azpilicueta is a player who exites me and is a strong future hope. For Chelsea to sign him would be a firm move of intent by the West London club, as well as a clever deal. The price tag of a player rarely stops Roman Abramovich from forking out, but at around £10m (according to The Metro) this 22 year old will have the weight of the world on his shoulders if he does make the transition and must be wary that he will be under immense pressure. But the best players thrive under pressure and it could be the making of this young lad.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Chelsea Planning Fresh Bid For German Star:

Chelsea are reportedly planning a fresh bid for Bayer Leverkusen star Andre Schurrle, with Blues owner Roman Abramovich making the German his number one priority.

According to the Daily Mail, Abramovich is keen to continue the policy set in motion by former boss Andre Villas-Boas of recruiting young talent, as the club phases out it's ageing stars.

The policy has hit full steam this summer, with the Champions League winners signing Marko Marin, Eden Hazard, Thorgan Hazard and Lucas, all of whom are under 23 years-of-age.

While the likes of Cesar Azpilicueta and Victor Moses remain high on Chelsea's hit-list, the Mail continue by claiming that Schurrle tops the bill, with a new bid set to be made, following the failed £16 million approach last month.

German attacker Schurrle is widely regarded as one of Europe's hottest prospects, showcasing his talents for the national side at this summer's European Championships.

The powerful front man is seen as an ideal candidate to replace the departed Didier Drogba, and his versatility to play anywhere along the front line will off Blue boss Roberto Di Matteo options in attack.

Chelsea are expected to return with a fresh bid of around £20 million in the coming days.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsterman Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:17 pm

feco1love wrote:Chelsea Planning Fresh Bid For German Star:

Chelsea are reportedly planning a fresh bid for Bayer Leverkusen star Andre Schurrle, with Blues owner Roman Abramovich making the German his number one priority.

According to the Daily Mail, Abramovich is keen to continue the policy set in motion by former boss Andre Villas-Boas of recruiting young talent, as the club phases out it's ageing stars.

The policy has hit full steam this summer, with the Champions League winners signing Marko Marin, Eden Hazard, Thorgan Hazard and Lucas, all of whom are under 23 years-of-age.

While the likes of Cesar Azpilicueta and Victor Moses remain high on Chelsea's hit-list, the Mail continue by claiming that Schurrle tops the bill, with a new bid set to be made, following the failed £16 million approach last month.

German attacker Schurrle is widely regarded as one of Europe's hottest prospects, showcasing his talents for the national side at this summer's European Championships.

The powerful front man is seen as an ideal candidate to replace the departed Didier Drogba, and his versatility to play anywhere along the front line will off Blue boss Roberto Di Matteo options in attack.

Chelsea are expected to return with a fresh bid of around £20 million in the coming days.

Guy it seem that you are a good Chelsea fan
Monsterman
Monsterman
WPF Amateur
WPF Amateur

NPF Points : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:23 pm

BERTRAND EARNS ENGLAND CALL-UP
Posted on: Fri 10 Aug 2012

Ryan Bertrand has earned his first call-up to the senior England squad for the friendly against Italy in Berne next week.

The young left-back, who represented Team GB at the London Olympics and has also captained the national side at Under 21 level, is one of four Chelsea players named in the squad by manager Roy Hodgson.

Bertrand impressed after being given a run in the side by Roberto Di Matteo towards the end of last season, culminating with a starting place in the side for the Champions League Final against Bayern Munich.

Daniel Sturridge, who made his senior international debut last November during a friendly against Sweden and was named on the standby list for Euro 2012, earns a recall after impressing during the Olympic campaign, scoring two goals, including the winner against Uruguay.

Frank Lampard and Gary Cahill, meanwhile, are both included in what is a relatively inexperienced squad after missing out on Euro 2012 having suffered injuries in the build-up to the tournament.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next