Nigerian Palace Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea set to name Di Matteo as full- time manager

3 posters

Go down

Chelsea set to name Di Matteo as full- time manager  Empty Chelsea set to name Di Matteo as full- time manager

Post by Paradise Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:52 pm

The Italian coach won the FA Cup and Champions League in a three-month temporary capacity at Stamford Bridge and will now be offered the job on a permanent basis
Cech expects Courtois to go far at Chelsea Dembele happy to stay at 'fantastic' Fulham Chelsea lose out on Battersea stadium site TOP OF THE PILE
Roberto Di Matteo is set to be named Chelsea manager on a full-time basis, according to widespread reports.
The Italian guided the Blues to a FA Cup win and a first ever Champions League crown after taking over on a temporary capacity in March following the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas. Those accomplishments seem to have persuaded owner Roman Abramovich to reward Di Matteo with a permanent role, after reported previous target Pep Guardiola elected to take a year out of management. It has been speculated that Di Matteo will be offered an initial one-year contract with an option for a further season.
Chelsea’s league campaign, however, was disappointing, as the west London outfit eventually slipped to sixth place in the Premier League, their worst
finish since Abramovich bought the club in 2003.
Their league campaign appeared to take a back seat after they achieved an unlikely comeback against Napoli to progress to the Champions League quarter-final. The Blues toppled Benfica before knocking out defending champions Barcelona with two remarkably robust performances in the semi-final which saw them go on to defeat Bayern Munich on penalties in the final. And Abramovich now looks set to embark on a spending spree in order to return Chelsea to title contention next season. Lille playmaker Eden Hazard will join the club next month in a deal with over £30 million, with a possible deal for Porto forward Hulk also reportedly being negotiated.

http://goal.com/en-ng/news/4067/england/2012/06/11/3164907/chelsea-set-to-name-di-matteo-as-full-time-manager-report
Paradise
Paradise
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

My Club Support : Chelsea set to name Di Matteo as full- time manager  P1610

NPF Points : 213

Back to top Go down

Chelsea set to name Di Matteo as full- time manager  Empty Re: Chelsea set to name Di Matteo as full- time manager

Post by DeSwimmer Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:29 pm

I expected it. I'm glad to hear it
DeSwimmer
DeSwimmer
Admin
Admin

My Club Support : Chelsea set to name Di Matteo as full- time manager  P1610

NPF Points : 93

Back to top Go down

Chelsea set to name Di Matteo as full- time manager  Empty Re: Chelsea set to name Di Matteo as full- time manager

Post by TreachX Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Soccerstar wrote:I expected it. I'm glad to hear it

I loved how he was given this opportunity he deserved such honour
TreachX
TreachX
WPF Staff
WPF Staff

My Club Support : Chelsea set to name Di Matteo as full- time manager  P1210

NPF Points : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum