Nigerian Palace Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

4 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC Empty GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

Post by feco1love Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Ramires has been recalled to the Brazil squad by national team coach Mano Menezes.

The 25-year-old midfielder joins new signing Oscar and David Luiz in the squad that faces Sweden on August 15.

Ramires enjoyed a fine end to last season, scoring the opening goal in the FA Cup Final just weeks after his incredible chip had kick-started our comeback against Barcelona in the Champions Leage semi-final.

The former Benfica and Cruzeiro man has not played for Brazil since the 2011 Copa America a year ago.

Last edited by feco1love on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

My Club Support : GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC P1210

NPF Points : 250

Back to top Go down

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC Empty Re: GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

Post by Paradise Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Great news for Ramires hope he would be better this season
Paradise
Paradise
Forum Owner
Forum Owner

My Club Support : GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC P1610

NPF Points : 213

Back to top Go down

GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC Empty Re: GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC

Post by feco1love Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:51 pm

yep......Brazilian coach has rili overlooked our energetic brazilian...its good to have back in the squad

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsterman Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:11 pm

This is really good. Our Club is rising greatly along with our players.
Monsterman
Monsterman
WPF Amateur
WPF Amateur

NPF Points : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:45 pm

STURRIDGE THE HERO AS GB PROGRESS

Daniel Sturridge was restored to the starting line-up and scored the decisive goal as Team GB booked their place in the Olympic quarter-finals with a 1-0 win against Uruguay in Cardiff, while Spain were eliminated without scoring a single goal.

Ryan Bertrand played the full 90 minutes after sitting out Sunday's win over UAE, as Stuart Pearce's side survived a couple of late scares to top the group and progress to a date with South Korea.

Chances proved few and far between in what was, at times, an ill-tempered affair, but it was a determined, gutsy performance by a team who have only been together for a matter of weeks.

The winner came in added time of the first-half, when Sturridge pounced to stab home from close-range - his second goal in as many games - after some fantastic build-up play by Scott Sinclair and Joe Allen.

The 23-year-old went close again 10 minutes from time, forcing a smart save from the goalkeeper after a quick counter-attack, and while Uruguay rattled the bar in the closing stages, GB held on for a memorable win.

Oscar, meanwhile, came on for a 10-minute cameo at the Sports Direct Arena as Brazil cruised to a 3-0 win over New Zealand to maintain their 100 per cent record.

The tournament favourites, who had already secured their place in the quarter-finals, appeared to be able to cut the New Zealand defence open at will, and it was no surprise when Danilo put them in front after 23 minutes.

Leandro Damiao made it 2-0 six minutes later before Sandro put the game to bed seven minutes into the second half, arriving at the back-post to force home a Neymar free-kick.

It was a dismal exit from the competition for Spain as they could only muster a goalless draw against Morocco at Old Trafford.

Juan Mata was their standout performer, going close on three separate occasions, while Blues teammate Oriol Romeu, who also played the full 90 minutes, went close late in the game, only to see his header cleared off the line.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:55 pm

LUKAKU EAGER FOR MORE PLAYING TIME

Romelu Lukaku has told Chelsea he needs regular playing time, amid suggestions he only wants a loan move to another Premier League club.
Lukaku, 19, joined Chelsea last year, but made little impression on the first team. He has featured for the Blues during pre-season, with Roberto Di Matteo short of attacking options following the departures of Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba and the late arrival of Fernando Torres due to Euro 2012.

But it is believed the club want to loan out the teenager, while the possible arrival of Victor Moses from Wigan would squeeze Lukaku yet further. Fulham are reportedly keen on the Belgian striker and he has told the club he wants to be a first-team regular.

"What I learned last season is positive," Lukaku said in the Sun. "Training with great players improves you. Now I must play. In a few weeks we'll see what happens."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:20 pm

DI MATTEO RELISHING MORE UNPREDICTABLE CHELSEA

With the exciting acquisitions of Oscar, Marko Marin and Eden Hazard, the Italian boss admits that the fans could be seeing a different team at Stamford Bridge this season.
berto Di Matteo is relishing the prospect of a “more unpredictable” Chelsea for the upcoming campaign after boosting his ranks with a number of new signings.
The Blues have been busy in the transfer window and have strengthened their attacking options with the addition of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin.

And Di Matteo admits fans can now expect to see a different Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, in terms of faces and approach.

“I think what's most important now is to integrate the new players into the side,” Di Matteo told the club’s official magazine.

“Obviously, bringing in players with different abilities and qualities might change the face of our team a little bit as well, but we have to always find the right balance between attacking and defending.

“I think moving between the lines and rotation can be an attacking threat for us. We had only Juan Mata playing that role last year, although Raul Meireles played there a few times as well.

“It just gives us more options for the team. It makes us more difficult to be marked and more unpredictable.

“However, we also need width in the game, so it's not just always coming between the lines; it's about giving width to the team as well.”

The 42-year-old thinks that Chelsea have a lot to look forward to this season, but believes he is still under pressure despite landing the manager’s job on a permanent basis.

“The pressure is always there, whether you have won or not. It's a pressure job,” he added.

“I think we are all happy with what we achieved last season, but we have to understand that is part of the past now.

“Now, we have to look forward - and there is a lot of excitement. We have a lot of targets and objectives to achieve this season, competitions that are very difficult to qualify for, like the European Super Cup and the World Club Championship.

“It takes a long time to reach those competitions and it's hard to get there, so I'm looking forward to this season with a lot of excitement"

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 pm

MATA: LEARNING IN DEFEAT
Posted on: Thu 02 Aug 2012

Juan Mata struggled to explain Spain's poor performance at the Olympics but believes they will quickly bounce back from the disappointment.

The Chelsea man was part of the Spanish team eliminated without scoring a goal at the London Games, beaten narrowly by Japan and Honduras before Wednesday night's 0-0 draw with Morocco in Manchester.

'We knew we couldn't achieve anything in this match but the team went for the win all the same,' Mata said. 'We had a lot of chances to score but the goal just never came, and it's hard to go through if you don't hit the back of the net.

'Bad luck had something to do with it. Our finishing wasn't sharp enough, though, and that's definitely one thing we need to improve on. We didn't score any goals and we didn't win a single match at these Olympics, but we're a proud team and we gave it our all right to the end, even when we knew there was nothing in the Morocco game for us. We fought to the final whistle in each game.

'There's a lot of disappointment because we had high hopes of doing well and yet it was all over for us after the second game. There's some anger mixed in there too.'

The 24-year-old however believes the youngsters, who were seeking to emulate the senior side's success in this summer's European Championships, will learn from the experience.

'You have to learn from defeats, take the positive things from them and grow as a result. This setback is going to help us mature in our careers and it's shown us that things don't always go your way.

'We'll learn that you can't always win, something we've been used to doing in the last few years thanks to the fantastic run the national team has had. It's situations like this that show you just how hard it is to come out on top.

'Feeling angry and hurt is understandable, but we'll get over that in time. There'll be new goals for us and we'll learn from this setback. We'll come back from it.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:43 pm

DE BRUYNE LOAN COMPLETED
Posted on: Thu 02 Aug 2012
Kevin De Bruyne has today completed a season-long loan to German side Werder Bremen.

The 21-year-old, a January signing from Genk in his native Belgium, linked up with the Chelsea squad for the first time this summer after being loaned back to his former club for the latter half of last season, and made his debut in a 4-2 friendly victory over Seattle Sounders.

The winger will now continue his development in the Bundesliga, where he could expect to replace fellow new Chelsea recruit Marko Marin in the Bremen side.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Chelsea boss Di Matteo: Last season's Double confined to history books

Chelsea boss Roberto di Matteo says they cannot rely on last season's achievements.

Di Matteo says their European and FA Cup success is now for the history books.

"The pressure is always there, whether you have won or not. It's a pressure job," Di Matteo tells Chelsea magazine.

"I think we are all happy with what we achieved last season, but we have to understand that is part of the past now.

"Now, we have to look forward - and there is a lot of excitement. We have a lot of targets and objectives to achieve this season, competitions that are very difficult to qualify for, like the European Super Cup and the World Club Championship.

"It takes a long time to reach those competitions and it's hard to get there, so I'm looking forward to this season with a lot of excitement."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Chelsea new boy Eden Hazard is aiming to build on the club's successes of last season and bring more trophies to Stamford Bridge.

Roberto Di Matteo's side won the FA Cup and Champions League last term, thanks to victories over Liverpool and Bayern Munich respectively.

Speaking exclusively to FourFourTwo, 21-year-old Hazard explained that Chelsea's Champions League victory in Munich played a big part in his decision to move to West London from Lille, where he won the French title in 2011.

"I wanted to join Chelsea because it is a big club," Hazard said. "They won the Champions League. I want to be part of that."

"[Joining Chelsea] has been a great experience. This is a wonderful club and I want to do well with them. There is so much we can do. I think we can win a lot this season."

The Blues will be looking to retain their European crown in 2012/13, but Hazard said there are many tough obstacles standing between the West Londoners and glory at Wembley next May.

Although Chelsea overcame Spanish giants Barcelona in last season's semi-final, Hazard insisted they are still one of the teams to beat.

"There are many teams to look out for," he explained. "Barcelona has dominated the tournament recently, not to mention the need to keep an eye on the other English teams like Manchester United and Manchester City."

Hazard has been joined at Stamford Bridge by German playmaker Marko Marin and Brazilian starlet Oscar, and will also battle for a first-team spot with the likes of Juan Mata, Ramires and Frank Lampard.

But the Belgian is confident his versatility can help give him the edge in the battle for a regular place in the Chelsea side.

"I can play in the middle as an attacking midfielder or on the wings. I will play wherever the manager plays me."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Chelsea left-back Cole aiming for more game time during pre-season

The 31 year-old left-back enjoyed a successful season with the club last year, but has stated he needs more action in his bid to return to full fitness ahead of the new campaign.
Chelsea defender Ashley Cole has targeted more time on the pitch during pre-season in an attempt to regain his fitness ahead of the new Premier League season.

Having returned to the club later due to his exertions with England at Euro 2012, Cole believes an extended run-out in the pre-season game against Brighton would do him the world of good as he steps up his own preparations for the new season.

"I feel good to be back in England, I don't think I am 100 per cent sharp yet, I am probably behind some of the lads by about 10 days so there is catching up to do," Cole told the club's official website.

"I feel sharp in the little closing down runs but the longer runs feel a lot harder, especially when you're trying to repeat them for a longer period, which is what I do in my game, but that will come.

"It's something that only match practice can really fix, you can train as hard as you like, pre-season is a bit like coming back from an injury, but you need the minutes in a game to get your full fitness.

"I don't think anyone is ever at peak fitness at the start of a season, you feel your way into it.
"I've not played 90 minutes yet this pre-season, so hopefully that will come on Saturday at Brighton, where we have a lot of fans travelling and it will be the first chance for a lot of them to get a look at us."

The 31-year-old is already looking forward to the season's curtain-raiser, the Community Shield game against league winners Manchester City, but has warned against expecting too much so soon into the new campaign.

"Then after that it's the Community Shield, which everyone loves to win to kick off the season, but sometimes people can get carried away with it and think it's an indicator of what is to come, but it doesn't work like that," he added.

"It's a friendly game really, albeit one that you obviously want to win."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Gary Cahill excited ahead of final pre-season friendly at Brighton
The Chelsea talisman is eager to be involved in his club’s final pre-season clash on Saturday afternoon - against former Blues star Gus Poyet's Seagulls.
Gary Cahill is excited at the prospect of playing in Chelsea’s final pre-season clash at Brighton this afternoon.
The London club will be looking to wrap up their summer preparations ahead of their season opener at Villa Park next week in the Community Shield.

The defender came off the bench for the closing 30 minutes of Chelsea’s friendly tie with AC Milan in Miami last week, but the 26-year-old is eager to have a starting place in next Sunday’s clash with Manchester City.

“I don't know what team the manager will pick [against Brighton], but the squad will more than likely be the one generally involved at the start of the season,” Cahill told Chelsea’s official website.

“Everyone wants to play, to start, and show what they can do. I'm no different and there is a lot of competition. There will be times when players are rested with the amount of games we play, and there is depth, but you want to be the one in the big games, and hopefully I can play that part this season.”

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:35 pm

FA confirms Chelsea defender Terry denies charge over Anton Ferdinand row
The national governing body has stated that the England defender will oppose the allegation, and requested a personal hearing, for which a date has not yet been set
The FA have confirmed that John Terry has denied a charge of using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour, which included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race, towards QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.
The Chelsea captain has requested a personal hearing, with the date yet to be confirmed. However, the FA have stated that Terry will remain available to play for England until the hearing.

Terry was acquitted of charges of racially abusing Ferdinand at the end of a four-day trial at Westminster Magistrates Court, with magistrate Howard Riddle stating that it was "impossible to be sure" both of what Terry said to Ferdinand, and what Ferdinand had said to him.

But the FA have charged Terry only with using racially motivated abusive language and behaviour. The governing body were quick to clarify that its investigation into proceedings was held entirely separately from the outcome of the trial and would relate to "rules governing football only".

The FA will make no further comment on the matter.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Carlo cools Cole reports

Paris Saint Germain manager Carlo Ancelotti has moved to quash reports linking the Ligue 1 club with a swoop for Chelsea left back Ashley Cole.
Cole's current contract at Chelsea expires next summer, leading to conjecture that the 31-year-old's future could lie away from Stamford Bridge.

ESPN understands the England international is keen to remain with the Blues, although his wage demands of around £200,000 have seen PSG and Real Madrid linked.

But Ancelotti, who worked with Cole during his time in charge of Chelsea, has insisted PSG are no longer in the market for recruits, following a summer of big spending that has seen the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic arrive.

"The transfer window is over for us," Ancelotti told Abola. "The club did a good job. All the news from England [about Cole] are just rumours."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:20 pm

A TRUE FRIENDLY ENCOUNTER
Posted on: Sat 04 Aug 2012

This afternoon's visit to Brighton may well be the friendliest of all friendlies, given that in opposing dugouts sit Roberto Di Matteo and Gus Poyet.

The pair played together in the Chelsea midfield of the late 1990s and early 2000s, instantly hitting it off upon Poyet's arrival at Stamford Bridge in 1997, a year after Di Matteo had signed, and have kept in touch ever since.

The Uruguayan was a visitor to Cobham towards the end of last season when he dropped in on his former colleague, and plays host this afternoon when we visit the south coast.

'Gus is a good friend of mine, and we have been since the first day we played together at this club,' Di Matteo confirmed. 'I've been following his career and he's been following mine. We talk a lot and it's always interesting when we do.

'He has a very good idea of how he wants his teams to play and we share a lot of opinions, to play football the right way.'

Di Matteo admits he has no special bottle of wine in mind to share with his counterpart this afternoon, but it's no problem as it is unlikely to be long until their next reunion.

'We go out sometimes so we are always speaking over dinner and we can have a glass of wine any time,' he smiled.

One cause of concern for the manager however is the continued absence of five players from his squad on Olympic duty. He concedes the group still feels incomplete without Ryan Bertrand, Daniel Sturridge, Juan Mata, Oriol Romeu and new signing Oscar, but has news on the Spanish pair who were eliminated this week.

'They will be back training with us on Tuesday and straight into the mix. Then we will work out a plan for the two boys, especially Juan Mata who hasn't had any holidays,' Di Matteo said. 'But, the squad won't feel complete as we still have three guys at the Olympics, including Oscar, so I don't think until everybody is here and we can work with all the guys that it will feel complete.'

This afternoon's game represents the final opportunity for Di Matteo to take a look at the players he does have at his disposal

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:28 pm

TORRES AND HAZARD START AT BRIGHTON
Posted on: Sat 04 Aug 2012

Fernando Torres makes his first start of pre-season for this afternoon's game at Brighton & Hove Albion, while there is also a start for Eden Hazard, his first on English soil since joining the club.

Hazard's fellow new signing Marko Marin, meanwhile, misses out with a slight knock, while youngsters Lucas Piazon and Romelu Lukaku start on the bench.

Today's team in full:

1.Petr Cech
2.Branislav Ivanovic
3.Ashley Cole
5.Michael Essien
7.Ramires
8.Frank Lampard
9.Fernando Torres
16.Raul Meireles
17.Eden Hazard
24.Gary Cahill
26.John Terry (c)

Substitutes: Ross Turnbull, David Luiz, John Mikel Obi, Romelu Lukaku, Paulo Ferreira, Sam Hutchinson, Yossi Benayoun, Lucas Piazon.

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by immesd Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Chelsea z a 4qup club walai......

immesd
WPF Amateur
WPF Amateur

My Club Support : GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC P3010

NPF Points : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by immesd Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Why dem go loose 2 dat small club???o ga o..
I tin dey dnt wanna gt invvlvd in injury sha

immesd
WPF Amateur
WPF Amateur

My Club Support : GET UP TO DATE NEWS OF OUR DARLIN CHELSEA FC P3010

NPF Points : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:33 pm

dat one na warm up match..2 early 2 b worried

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:35 pm

REACTION: WORK TO DO
04-08-2012
It was an afternoon to forget
on the south-coast as the Blues
were beaten 3-1 by Gustavo
Poyet's Brighton & Hove Albion,
and manager Roberto Di Matteo
was clearly frustrated after a
disappointing display.
Frank Lampard had given us a
35th minute lead following
some good work by Ramires
and Fernando Torres, but a
lapse in concentration allowed
the home side to level two
minutes later through Vicente,
before they took the lead a
minute before the break
courtesy of an Ashley Barnes
strike.
'I was expecting more from my
team in terms of urgency and
movement,' said the Italian. 'I
was looking for a better
performance than the one we
gave today.
'We were too stretched, never
aggressive enough and didn't
get the ball back quickly enough
when we lost it. With the ball,
there wasn't enough movement
and there were a lot of things
we didn't do. We have to be a
bit more focused and sharper.'
Having now suffered three
successive pre-season defeats,
Di Matteo will be looking for an
improvement in performance
when we take on Manchester
City in the Community Shield at
Villa Park next Sunday.
However, preparations for the
new season haven't been ideal,
with those players involved at
the Euros joining up at varying
times, and the ones taking part
at the Olympics still not
available.
With new signings such as Eden
Hazard understandably needing
time to find their feet, the
manager admitted it was far
from an ideal scenario.
'We haven't had the whole team
together yet,' he said. 'Some
players have only been back
nine days, some 16, some 21
and some are not back at all, but
when they are back we can all
work together.
'Hazard played on the left, we
want him to be incisive, he had
good spells but we need to be
patient, he's a young man
coming from a different league
and it takes time to adapt.
'I was looking to get some
players 90 minutes so I didn't
want to make many changes,
seven played the whole game
and we left some players back
at Cobham to train.'
One thing the manager is
concerned about is the amount
of goals we have shipped in
pre-season, but while he
expects that to be ironed out in
the coming weeks, he warned
supporters not to expect a
significant change in our style
of play ahead of the coming
campaign.
'A lot of the goals have been
individual errors that will be cut
out when we get into the
rhythm of the league and the
fitness is there,' said Di Matteo.
'There aren't going to be radical
changes, but with the
integration of new players
inevitably we will change a bit.
The way we want to play is to
win many games and score
goals.'

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:41 pm

MATCH REPORT: BRIGHTON 3
CHELSEA 1
04-08-2012
SummaryA disappointing
afternoon and a third straight
pre-season defeat suggests
there is plenty of work to do
before the start of the new
campaign.
When Frank Lampard put us in
front 10 minutes before the
break everything appeared to
be going to plan, but two
minutes later it was all-square
as Vicente slotted home from
inside the penalty area.
Brighton then took the lead
eight minutes later when Ashley
Barnes converted from close-
range, and while we enjoyed
plenty of possession in the
second half, aside from a couple
of efforts from David Luiz and
Eden Hazard, we failed to
seriously worry the home side.
Attention now turns to next
Sunday's Community Shield
against Manchester City at Villa
Park, where an improvement,
both in performance and result,
is essential.
Team newsThere was a
domestic debut for Eden Hazard
as Roberto Di Matteo named a
strong starting line-up. Gary
Cahill was given the nod to
partner captain John Terry in
central defence, while Michael
Essien started alongside Frank
Lampard in midfield. Fernando
Torres made his first start of
pre-season in attack.
Former Chelsea academy
product Liam Bridcutt,
meanwhile, started in midfield
for Gustavo Poyet's side.
First half Our first meeting with
the south-coast outfit since a
Kevin Wilson goal secured all
three points back in 1989 saw
the Blues fans turn out in force,
and they were in fantastic voice
from the first whistle as the
home side welcomed us on to
the pitch with a guard of
honour following our
Champions League triumph in
May.
Lampard had the first attempt
on goal after Ramires had
cleverly won a free-kick on the
edge of the box, but the
midfielder's low, driven effort
cannoned off the wall, while
Hazard's delivery from the
rebound went straight into the
hands of Tomasz Kuszczak.
Bridcutt made a timely
interception to repel the
advancing Hazard as we looked
to break at pace following a
Brighton corner, while shortly
after Terry cleared at the near-
post from a dangerous cross by
Vicente.
Clear-cut opportunities may
have been proving elusive, but
with both teams trying to play
the game in the right way there
was certainly no shortage of
entertaining football on show.
Ten minutes before the break,
however, the deadlock was
broken with a wonderful
counter-attack by the Blues.
Ramires picked the ball up just
inside the Brighton half and
was allowed to advance
unchallenged, before rolling the
ball into the path of Torres who
smartly dummied, allowing
Lampard to calmly slot us into
the lead.
Unfortunately, two minutes
after taking the lead the scores
were level again as Vicente,
who had enjoyed a decent
game, rolled his left-footed
strike into the bottom corner
beyond Petr Cech.
With half-time approaching, the
game, as a spectacle, was
improving. Clearly stung by the
equaliser, we seized the
initiative and went close twice
in quick succession, firstly from
a Branislav Ivanovic header and
then with a long-range Michael
Essien strike.
However, the hosts took a
shock lead a minute before the
break when Cech saved well to
deny Vicente, only for the
rebound to fall straight into the
path of Ashley Barnes who
rifled his effort into the back of
the net.
Second halfDi Matteo made one
change at the break, replacing
the largely ineffective Raul
Meireles with John Mikel Obi,
allowing Lampard to play in a
more advanced role.
Gary Cahill went close in the
opening minute of the second
spell, only to see his header
from Lampard's corner well
saved by Kuszczak.
The Blues, playing in our new
black third strip, started the
second period well and
Lampard fizzed a teasing
delivery across the face of the
goal as we looked to restore
parity.
Our goalscorer was at the heart
of everything and it was from
another of his crosses that
Torres wasted a good
opportunity, smashing his strike
high over the bar when he
should have at least tested the
keeper.
Vicente almost doubled his tally
for the afternoon with a
stunning strike from outside the
box after evading two
defenders, only for Cech to
make a fantastic stop,
acrobatically tipping over the
bar.
We made our second change of
the afternoon on the hour
when David Luiz came on at the
expense of Terry, and the
Brazilian almost made an instant
impact, going close with a
delightful curling effort from
distance, while Kuszczak saved
well from Ramires at the near-
post.
With 15 minutes remaining
Lampard almost drew us level,
capitalising on a mistake in the
Brighton defence and
combining well with Torres,
before his goal-bound effort
was blocked on the line.
It was to be the Spaniards' last
contribution as minutes later he
was withdrawn, replaced by the
young Belgian Romelu Lukaku
who scored a brace in the 4-2
win against Seattle Sounders.
With seven minutes left to play
Vicente almost put the game
beyond doubt with a free-kick
that sailed inches past Turnbull's
left-hand post.
An impressive run by Lukaku
then drew a free-kick of our
own, but David Luiz's strike
rebounded off the wall and
away from danger, while a
minute later Hazard went close.
However, the game was all but
over four minutes from time.
David Luiz went down and
appealed for a foul, but as the
referee ignored his claims,
Andrew Crofts was allowed a
clear run on goal and made no
mistake, rolling his effort
beyond Turnbull.
The game ended on a sour note,
with both Ashley Cole and
Ivanovic involved in ugly
exchanges as frustrations
threatened to boil over, but all
in all, it was an afternoon our
players will want to forget in a
hurry.
Chelsea: (4-2-3-1)Cech (Turnbull
64); Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c)
(David Luiz 60), Cole; Essien,
Lampard; Ramires, Meireles
(Mikel Obi h/t), Hazard; Torres
(Lukaku 78).Unused substitutes:
Ferreira, Hutchinson, Benayoun,
Piazon.Goal: Lampard 35
Brighton & Hove Albion:
(4-3-3)Kuszczak; Bruno, Greer
(c), Dunk, Calderon; Bridcutt,
Crofts, Dicker (Harley 58);
Buckley (Noone 64), Barnes,
Vicente.Unused substitutes:
Brezovan, Ankergren, El-Abd,
Sparrow, Vincelot,
Agdestein.Goals: Vicente 37,
Barnes 44, Crofts 86

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Di Matteo to be patient with Hazard

Summer signing Eden Hazard will be given time to adapt to life in the Premier League, Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo has said.
Hazard, 21, joined the Blues in a £32 million move from Lille earlier this summer, and the club's capture of the Belgium international playmaker generated expectations that he would immediately play a pivotal role.

But Di Matteo, appointed as Chelsea manager on a permanent basis after guiding the club to Champions League triumph in May, said he would not be expecting too much too soon and would take a patient approach.

"Of course we are looking for Eden to be incisive - but we have to be patient," he told the club's official website. "He is a young man, he has come from a different league in France and we need to give him time to adapt."

The Blues manager has been extremely active in the transfer market this season, spending more than £60 million on new talent including attacking midfielders Oscar and Marko Marin, but said that did not mean there would necessarily be major alterations to the way his team plays.

"There will not be radical changes. We will try to make some changes," he said. "With the integration of these new players, inevitably we will change how we play a bit. But I never said we were going to play attacking football. We will play to try and win games."

And he said the club's moves in the market this summer may not be over, adding that more additions could be made "if there is a good opportunity for us"

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:28 pm

CHELSEA FANS WARNED BY ROBERTO DI MATTEO

ROBERTO DI MATTEO has warned Chelsea fans not to expect fireworks this season – despite a £70m summer spending spree.

The Blues have splashed out this summer on Eden Hazard, Marko Marin and Brazilian wonderkid Oscar.

But despite the attacking talent at his disposal, boss Di Matteo insists Chelsea will keep the ­defensive set-up that helped them win the Champions League in May.

“There will not be radical changes,” he said. “We will try to make some changes. With the ­integration of these new players, ­inevitably we will change how we play a bit.
“But I never said we were going to play attacking football – we will play to try and win games.”

Di Matteo insists £35m Belgium playmaker Hazard will need time to adapt to the ­Premier League.

“Of course, we are looking for Eden to be incisive, but we have to be patient,” he said.

“He is a young man, he has come from a different league in France and we need to give him time to adapt.”

Asked whether the club’s spending is over, he added: “It depends if there is a good opportunity for us. Otherwise, I am happy with the squad.”
Di Matteo was made manager on a permanent basis after steering the club to European and FA Cup glory while in temporary charge.
But they have endured a miserable pre-season, winning just once – against the Seattle Sounders – and suffered back-to-back defeats to AC Milan and a Major League Soccer All-Star team.
t was three defeats on the spin at the weekend with another below-par display in a 3-1 loss to Championship side Brighton.
Frank Lampard gave the visitors a first-half lead before goals from Vicente, Ashley Barnes and Andrew Crofts gave Seagulls boss Guy Poyet a win over his former team.
The Blues’ next test comes against champions Manchester City in Sunday’s Community Shield at Villa Park.Blues won’t change

Last edited by feco1love on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by feco1love Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Chelsea defender Ashley Cole has rejected rumours that contract talks over a new deal at Stamford Bridge have stalled.

Cole's future has been the subject of speculation with the 31-year-old entering the final year of his Blues contract.

Reports suggested Chelsea had yet to open talks with Cole over a contract extension, with the player supposedly holding out for a deal worth £200,000 a week.

However, Cole took to Twitter to dismiss talk of his pay demands and explain that talks have only just got under way.

The left-back wrote: "Contract talks have not stalled just started, and 200k are you for real, I'd never ask for that.

"Like I said before don't listen or always believe what media say they aint got a clue."

feco1love
WPF Leader
WPF Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next