Nigerian Palace Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puyol dedicates win to injured team-mates

2 posters

Go down

Puyol dedicates win to injured team-mates Empty Puyol dedicates win to injured team-mates

Post by Manmarkman Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:50 pm

[quote]Barcelona captain Carles Puyol has dedicated their Club World Cup victory to David Villa and Ibrahim Afellay, who are sidelined with injury.

Lionel Messi scored a brace while Xavi and Cesc Fabregas chipped in with a goal apiece to secure a 4-0 win over Brazilian side Santos in Yokohama on Sunday night.

Puyol felt that Santos were unable to cope with Barcelona's attacking verve.

"We came out with great intensity and found the net pretty early on. That really gave us peace of mind and helped a lot," Puyol said.

Villa faces up to six months on the sidelines after breaking the shinbone in his left leg in Barcelona's semi-final win over Al Sadd, while Afellay is still recovering from knee surgery.

"We dedicate this title to those who are not here in Japan due to injury. We are even stronger with them and I want to dedicate this victory to them," Puyol added.

"We never had any doubts about ourselves. We are always working hard to improve. We put in a very intense performance and that troubled Santos. The pace of the game in Brazil is much slower and they were surprised by our approach."

Puyol said he was happy to have kept Santos star Neymar quiet, which went a long way to winning the game for his team.

"We were wary of Neymar ahead of the game after analysing him, but we managed to keep him quiet and stop him," the defender said.
:wpf1.2: :wpf3.9:

http://sports.opera.com/?sport=news&page=news&view=article&news_id=16214&localization_id=www
Manmarkman
Manmarkman
WPF Beginner
WPF Beginner

My Club Support : Puyol dedicates win to injured team-mates P2810

NPF Points : 34

Back to top Go down

Puyol dedicates win to injured team-mates Empty Re: Puyol dedicates win to injured team-mates

Post by Loveth Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Barca are great players. Good team but.....
Loveth
Loveth
WPF Novice
WPF Novice

My Club Support : Puyol dedicates win to injured team-mates P1210

NPF Points : 33

Back to top Go down